PDA

View Full Version : Waffle weave drying towels not drying anymore

Pages : [1] 2

octane
11-11-2012, 08:54 AM
I have a whole bunch of waffle weave drying towels, and recently I realy noticed that they don't work very well compared to new... is there anything I can try to make them absorb water better?

I usually machine dry them on low, with no softner. I read somewhere that I should boil them for 10 minutes, but I'm affraid that would burn the fibers?

TIA

hoyt66
11-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I wash mine on the "sanitary" setting on my washer which basically means "super hot". This helps but doesn't bring them back to original. Now I just dunk in my clean water bucket before I start washing. Ring it out and put it aside while you wash. It works like a charm once I do that.

camaro2ssblack
11-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Boil them for 10 minutes with some vinegar...if they dont come back good as new then they are ready to be replaced.

ScottB
11-11-2012, 09:50 AM
I soaked mine in some DP Pad Rejuvinator and it seemed to release whatever made them less absorbent, then I washed as normal.

SeaJay's
11-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Boil them for 10 minutes with some vinegar...if they dont come back good as new then they are ready to be replaced.

:iagree:

Setec Astronomy
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I read somewhere that I should boil them for 10 minutes, but I'm affraid that would burn the fibers?

I've never seen anything burn in boiling water. Boiling MF's is a standard practice that tons of people have done.

octane
11-11-2012, 11:13 AM
thanks guys, lots of good info, I'll try that!

jsb025
11-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I soaked mine in some DP Pad Rejuvinator and it seemed to release whatever made them less absorbent, then I washed as normal.

+1

Sent from my MB865 using AG Online

Ramairetransam
11-11-2012, 02:02 PM
someone tell me more about boiling mf towels . I have some that dont work as good as before and i thought hot water was a no no .

Shortspark
11-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I noticed the same thing today with my Cobra Waffle Weave towel. It just pushed the water and did not soak it up very well. I will have to try the boiling water/vinegar trick.

cpmatthew
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Perhaps I'll try to rejuvenate my cobra waffle weave towel. I have never found it to be that absorbent, even when new. Maybe boiling in vinegar may help. How much do you dilute it?

octane
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
It worked!!!! just saved about 12 guzzlers!
soaked the towels in boiling water and vinegar for 5 minutes, then washed the towels with dp pad rejuvinator with my hot water heater at the max setting, then a normal wash with CG micro fiber wash
then washed my car, and the one I tried was almost back to new condition!

Shortspark
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Excellent! I'm going to try it right now!!

_M_
11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Perhaps I'll try to rejuvenate my cobra waffle weave towel. I have never found it to be that absorbent, even when new. Maybe boiling in vinegar may help. How much do you dilute it?

Yes, can someone provide a proper ratio?

camaro2ssblack
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes, can someone provide a proper ratio?

Simply bring a large pot of water to boil
Add in 2-3 capfuls of white vinegar.
Add a couple towels at a time and allow them to boil.
Try to avoid allowing the towels to sit against the sides or bottom of the pot for too long.
After a few moments pull each towel out (using tongs to be safe) and flush under cool water.
Wash these towels using your usual routine and they should be as good as new!