PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!!!!!!! while I have the right conditions.

vtfreeiii
11-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I applied the last coat of clear last night, woke up this morning and guess what? Ruff dust particles all over the clear. wet sanded and it is smooth again. Now what is next? Light compound buff my truck door and then reapply another coat or two of clear? Feed back please Need help before I get started again. Humidity 29%, temp out side, 73 degrees.

BobbyG
11-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I just got in and answered your other thread.....

vtfreeiii
11-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Could not find your response, would you comment again, Thanks.

BobbyG
11-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Could not find your response, would you comment again, Thanks.

Of course!

What you wrote:

I applied the last coat of clear last night, woke up this morning and guess what? Ruff dust particles all over the clear. wet sanded and it is smooth again. Now what is next? Light compound buff my truck door and then reapply another coat or two of clear? Feed back please Need help before I get started again. Humidity 29%, temp out side, 73 degrees.

Now my reply:

Where did all the dust come from? My concern is regardless of how many times you same and re-clear the end result will be the same...

If the dust particles are small and few in number then you might get away with wet sanding with 1000 grit then 1500. If you still have plenty of clear then try compounding and polish then determine whether or not it satisfies you...

Where to you live.....area not address?

vtfreeiii
11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Of course!

What you wrote:

Now my reply:

Where did all the dust come from? My concern is regardless of how many times you same and re-clear the end result will be the same...

If the dust particles are small and few in number then you might get away with wet sanding with 1000 grit then 1500. If you still have plenty of clear then try compounding and polish then determine whether or not it satisfies you...

Where to you live.....area not address?

Montgomery, Alabama

BobbyG
11-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Montgomery, Alabama

Well, that's a bit far for me to drive otherwise I'd stop over and lend a hand....

As I said, you may have enough clear to wet sand the door smooth enough then compound and polish it to something very acceptable....The worst that can happen is you'll degrease the area, wet sand, then respray....

vtfreeiii
11-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks Bobby, now I am off to my garage to get it right this time! This is Art. I have a new found respect for you guys. Thank You, Thank You.

BobbyG
11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks Bobby, now I am off to my garage to get it right this time! This is Art. I have a new found respect for you guys. Thank You, Thank You.

Painting an Art? OH you bet it is....:props:

Any of these names sound familiar?

Rembrandt
Picasso
Michael Angelo