PDA

View Full Version : TarX leaving a drip stain?

MTLean
11-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Hi guys,

i am currently working on a black 2011 Cadillac DTS which was peppered with hardcore tree sap. I used TarX and a Sonus Pad to scrub off (the black/red/yellow ones) and along the way it seems that theres a big "drip stain" like if the product was on for too long or something? Worst part is that the bottle states not to let sit for more than 7 minutes and it was about 5-6 with constant agitation.

I tried removing it with my PC7424xp using a Cyan Hydrotech pad with M105, PB SSR3.0 and it doesnt seem to do work.

Any suggestions fellas?

Thanks in advance

A-train
11-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Did you wet the surface before spraying the tar x on? You could try spraying it back on the affected area and lightly agitating again. I would probably shoot Avi a PM and see what his recommendation is.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Avi@CarPro
11-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi
please take a pic.
on car paint TarX cant leave stains, only if its Acrilic painted
which is hard to believe.
and if it did, polishing will remove it..

KillaCam
11-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Was it in direct sunlight? I had a similar experience with tarminator.

MTLean
11-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. It did come off with UP, guess i shouldve tried going less agressive on it like i am supposed to :)

And it was inside, my boss letted me use the vacant warehouse to do the job. I am loving the spot, usually stuck detailing outside or in a single spot garage.

Sorry i couldnt post the picture it doesnt seem to work from the iPhone app.

Thanks again

bazuca12
04-28-2021, 04:20 PM
Hello there, same thing happened to me with tarx on my black Golf 7.5 r.Almost sure the 2 panel was hot because of sunlight hitting only those 2. But is the same 2 panels I had repainted a year a go don’t know if that has to do with anything.

What made it go away ? You said UP, that means ultra polish,compound?

Thanks

Bruno Soares
04-28-2021, 06:44 PM
Hello there, same thing happened to me with tarx on my black Golf 7.5 r.Almost sure the 2 panel was hot because of sunlight hitting only those 2. But is the same 2 panels I had repainted a year a go don’t know if that has to do with anything.

What made it go away ? You said UP, that means ultra polish,compound?

Thanks

Ultimate polish.

And yes, heat is bad when using tar x so your issue is likely due to a hot panel, especially a black car.

2black1s
04-29-2021, 11:29 AM
... I tried removing it with my PC7424xp using a Cyan Hydrotech pad with M105, PB SSR3.0 and it doesnt seem to do work.

... It did come off with UP, guess i shouldve tried going less agressive on it like i am supposed to :) ...

I don't understand why UP would remove the stain and M105 wouldn't. Doesn't make sense to me as the 105 is the more aggressive of the two.

dwaleke
04-29-2021, 11:50 AM
I don't understand why UP would remove the stain and M105 wouldn't. Doesn't make sense to me as the 105 is the more aggressive of the two.

Maybe the TSOs in UP covered it up vs removing it?