PDA

View Full Version : Need micro fiber recommendations...

eyost
11-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

I am setting up my next order and need to get some more micro fiber cloths for wax, polish, and sealant removal. Would like to ensure that what I get has the same on both sides so I get eight removal sides. Probably also need to get some for general use for the interior (dusting and applying plastic cleaner, protectant, etc.

Any favorites?

Thanks again.

Ed

Bill1234
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I like the costco ones, they are not online but in store in the industrial section. They are yellow and come in a 36 pack

DiPaoro
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I am considering the woobie...does anyone like or dislike this one?

Seeking something for removing wax....polish here....

eyost
11-09-2012, 09:08 PM
I like the costco ones, they are not online but in store in the industrial section. They are yellow and come in a 36 pack

Hmm, I'll check 'em out - I'm scheduled to go to Costco anyways.

Johny B
11-09-2012, 11:20 PM

Interesting article about the Woobie http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/55787-up-close-personal-new-woobie-towel.html

vegas911gts
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
The costco ones are thin and crappy. I use them for removing tar and brake dust since my community doesn't allow using a hose. I would never use them on paint.

VISITOR
11-10-2012, 12:46 AM

didn't care for the woobie towels and sent them back. if you want an all-around microfiber towel, one in the 350-380gm range are good for just about anything. search around, plenty of choices online these days...

vman
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Edgeless towels are excellent for wax/polish removal but not that great for anything else. Same nap on both sides with a low pile that grabs really well so you dont have to press too hard when buffing.

Espyone
11-10-2012, 04:28 AM
i would wash the costco towels first if you are using them removal of lsp or polishing. IMO they have some type of additive or something in them. I noticed this when trying to use them for the windows. It would leave some residue behind. Now I just use them for wheels, wheel wells, and wiping down trim before trim treatment with IPA. I always wash them first though...

DiPaoro
11-10-2012, 07:46 AM
I pulled the trigger on the woobie...BOGO.... Power Gloss, yellow CCS pad...hoping these products work out.

It's my first purchase in a while.... new car...needed these supplies...

us6krums
11-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah I have the Costco as well. Noticed the same residue. Plan on washing. Not as good as some of the others I have bought here.

addysdaddy
11-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel.html)
I've tried a ton of different towels, Uber MF, Costo, Targert but these are the best all around towel I've used. Wait for a sale, BOGO or VIP event to make your purchase - you'll be very happy

Audi X2
11-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel.html)
I've tried a ton of different towels, Uber MF, Costo, Targert but these are the best all around towel I've used. Wait for a sale, BOGO or VIP event to make your purchase - you'll be very happy

:iagree:

I love the towels, but unfortunately they are on temporary back order right now.

ScottB
11-10-2012, 09:44 AM
The thick blue ones are wicked good ...

The_2nd_G
11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeah I have the Costco as well. Noticed the same residue. Plan on washing. Not as good as some of the others I have bought here.

Never noticed the residue, but I don't like the quality of the towels. As mentioned above, I use them for wheels and tires.

You should wash ALL MF towels prior to use, even the top notch ones that you'll find on AG, for example.