PDA

View Full Version : Observation after using Collinite #845 & #476

durant113
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I have a pearl white 2012 F150. At the beginning of September I polished with XMT 360, after stripping with first Dawn and then CG Citrus Wash and Gloss. I applied the collinite #845 twice to ensure coverage. I let that sit for about ten hours and then applied two coats of Collinite #476. First time using both products and both went on and off with ease. Anyway, I probably hand washed the truck a dozen times and (ahh-hem) used the drive through touch-less 3 times. The last time through the drive through was today and I noticed no beading on the lower 2/3rds of the truck. I do drive gravel roads and it seemed to me that the wax is gone from the areas where the dust and road grime splatters up on the truck. I thought that I might be able to get a bit more protection. Should I have clayed first? I felt it did not need to be after the baggie test. Another thought I had was maybe I should have applied a sealant first? Just looking for any suggestions from those with daily drivers in similar situations. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

rmagnus
11-09-2012, 05:09 PM
First nice truck. Second I always wash & clay before putting a buffer on a car. The obvious reason is removing any surface contaminates and make the surface clean for any wax or sealer to bond too. I haven't used 476 but finf 845 to be plenty durable.

Automatic car washes are pretty harsh on any surface. Even the hand wash centers, I don't trust the towels they use. I'd rather live with a dirty car until I can tend to it.