PDA

View Full Version : First Black Car

Djulin
11-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey guys,

Just picked up my first black car. It's a 13' Mustang GT. I've already done a full detail, so that's not really the issue. My question is, between washes. These black cars get so damn dusty. So what should I do to clean up on a daily basis? I know the less you touch the car the better, so should I not touch it until I can do a full wash? Or is a ONR wipe down fine?Just so you know, it's garage kept, and doesn't see rain.

Thanks!!

Ryry11
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the purchase! Is it a daily driver? Simply a toy?

Djulin
11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
It's more of a toy.

Ryry11
11-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Personally, what I do with my garage queen that's driven only in the warm months here in michigan and only a few hundred miles a year is keep it covered with a car cover. When I do drive it, it'll get the usual dust and road haze on it, but never gets "dirty" persay. I like to give it a wash with a rinseless product and cover it back up until it gets driven again. Done properly, the rinseless wash is super effective as I've come to find out. Just take your time and you won't instill any scratches. I will give my car a traditional wash every so often even though it never really "needs" it.

RZJZA80
11-09-2012, 12:04 PM
On any car, especially a black car, which is driven, don't attempt the "wipedown" because it's not THAT dirty routine. Wash the car, not wipe it down, that's the best way to keep it as swirl free as possible, and believe me, it is damn near impossible with a black car. If it never leaves the garage and is just a little dusty, you can wipe it down very carefully, but if it's ever driven, wash it.

ihaveacamaro
11-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Wipe down with Pinnacle Waterless wash with carnauba. I recently got it and I'm beginning to think it has unseated the king of waterless washes for the past year (UWW+).