PDA

View Full Version : Out of these 3 high end waxes....

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Waxmax
11-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I've used all 3 and Supernatural never worked well for me...the look was fine, but I had sweating/rehazing problems.

Souveran and Fuzion are bubba proof. I always come back to Souveran. It gets my vote.

ScottB
11-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Love the look of Souveran, Fuzion is a definite keeper, and Supernatural looks great but a little harder to remove and can sweat in high humidity. Id suggest Fuzion ...

drisaudi
11-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Pinnicle Is my favorite wax period. Easy to use Great shine. Looks great on Black or Red. Fuzion is good also. I use Fuzion in the Winter. Souvoran in the Spring to Fall. Either one not a bad choice. I have used other DoDo waxes not Supernatural yet. I also like Midnight Sun. Goes on easy and looks extremely good the next day after it cures. I wax every two weeks so longivity not a problem

Blackthorn One
11-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I have all 3 and like the look of Supernatural best. It sweated on me the 2nd day, which really disappointed me. Apparently wiping with some cool distilled water can fix that. It is much more difficult to remove than Souveran or Fuzion, but but then, what isn't?

Supernatural has a bright,sparkling shine with warmth. It looks more traditional than Souveran or Fuzion.

Fuzion has more sparkle than Souveran. Fuzion has a sparkle and a brilliant shine and glow to it that makes things pop.It isn't as clear as SN though.
Souveran has a rich, warm glow, but isn't a crystal clear or a brilliant shine, so much. It absorbs the light more and causes the paint to have more of a glow than a reflective shine.

I believe that SN has the most durability, followed by Fuzion and Souveran being last.
Souveran attracts a lot of dust, because it has a lot of oils in it to give it that warm glow. It has lanolin in it. Putting sheep's fat in a wax seems like an odd decision to me. They don't tell you it has lanolin in the Souveran product description, but they tell you in the kit. That's odd, too. Souveran looks great, but is high maintenance. It's a great show car wax. I dislike it for DD use because it attracts so much dust.
Fuzion is anti static, so it tends to stay cleaner, which to me, combined with the ease of use, and the shine it gives, makes it a top pick for your pampered DD.

hoyt66
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Have to ask... What is "sweating " when referring to the Supernatural?

SON1C
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
supernatural ftw

Blackthorn One
11-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Sweating is the manifestation of dull looking circular spots usually about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch in diameter. I did my hood with it and there were about 10 of them on it the next day. It was really troubling, as I had only seen it for the first time. I used Griots Speed Shine to eliminate them.

Mike Phillips
11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
The definition I've always seen and used for the term,

Sweating

Is while using a product small beads of water appear from the product, as though the product were literally sweating.

I think this has to do with the emulsion quality of the formula but I'm not a chemist. I have seen this with product over the years.

It's never stopped me from using a product, I just dab off any droplets of water and allow the product to do it's thing...

:)

Mike Phillips
11-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Pinnacle's souveran..
Wolfgang's fusion estate..
Dodos supernatural..

So who has had experience with all three of these waxes? Which out of the three gives gives best looks?

I've used them all... regardless of which product you use, how long a wax lasts in part comes from how the the paint is touched after the fact...

Here's my article on this topic...

How to maintain a freshly waxed car (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/40056-how-maintain-freshly-waxed-car.html)

Related Articles...

Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/23128-tips-techniques-using-spray-detailer-remove-light-dust-fingerprints-smudges.html)

How to correctly fold and use a Microfiber Towel (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/29230-how-correctly-fold-use-microfiber-towel.html)

Increase Your Grip Strength with Microfiber Gloves (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/33009-increase-your-grip-strength-microfiber-gloves.html)

The 4 minimum categories of wiping cloths (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/21944-4-minimum-categories-wiping-cloths.html)

How many microfiber polishing cloths do I need to detail my car? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23084-how-many-microfiber-polishing-cloths-do-i-need-detail-my-car.html)

The Final Wipe – Tips for creating a streak-free, show car finish (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/19956-final-wipe.html)

The difference between a Normal Car Wash, a Waterless Car Wash, a Rinseless Car Wash and a Spray Detailer (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23645-difference-between-normal-car-wash-waterless-car-wash-rinseless-car-wash-spray-detailer.html)

:xyxthumbs:

Blackthorn One
11-20-2012, 02:40 PM
The definition I've always seen and used for the term,

Sweating

Is while using a product small beads of water appear from the product, as though the product were literally sweating.

I think this has to do with the emulsion quality of the formula but I'm not a chemist. I have seen this with product over the years.

It's never stopped me from using a product, I just dab off any droplets of water and allow the product to do it's thing...

If that is the definition of sweating, how would you define the manifestation of dull spots on the car the next day?

Mike Phillips
11-20-2012, 02:43 PM
If that is the definition of sweating, how would you define the manifestation of dull spots on the car the next day?

Excess product not removed?

Dull paint to start with?

:dunno:

I'm not sure. I'm just sharing what is historically referred to by the term sweating. Don't want to take away anything from your version of the word or your experience just adding to the thread...

SON1C
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I've heard that referred to as ghosting and sweating

You buffed everything but then random patches re appear and make it seem like you missed spots

Sometimes I believe this happens because too much product is being used

Blackthorn One
11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Excess product not removed?

Dull paint to start with?

:dunno:

I'm not sure. I'm just sharing what is historically referred to by the term sweating. Don't want to take away anything from your version of the word or your experience just adding to the thread...

Wasn't dull paint at all. It only manifested in the wax, and wiped off with some effort and some speed shine.
Honestly it isn't my version of the word. I mentioned my problem before and others told me it is sweating. i have seen the kind of sweating you are talking about. Poorboy's Wheel Sealant sweats a lot.

BobbyG
11-20-2012, 03:52 PM

Hey Chet,

For anything to "sweat" there must be a source for this moisture. I have to admit that I've seen tiny droplets of water when I've opened a can of wax. The wax formula might include water to aid in its application but I just don't see how a car can just sweat. What I might also be witnessing is condensation....

For this discussion let's say there was some residual moisture in the wax after it was buffed. I would think that any moisture would evaporate rather quickly on the next sunny hot day. This is my thinking anyway. :dunno:

Where does sweat come from?

You have millions of sweat glands covering your body. Each of them is able to produce tiny drops of moisture on your skin when your body overheats. Where does the moisture come from? From blood plasma. Plasma is the watery liquid that remains after you filter red blood cells and platelets out of blood.

Now, there are times where condensation comes into play. Condensation is a process in which water vapors (gaseous state) turns into water droplets (liquid state), when it comes in contact with a cooler surface. An example of this would be when a man wearing glasses steps outside from an air conditioned office on a warm humid day and his glasses immediately fog over.. Or the hood of your car in the morning.

Something tells me that wax sweating is more of the terminology used when describing droplets of water found on a horizontal panel but most likely these droplets are from condensation as described above...

My opinion is something I'm an expert on and may not reflect that of others....

ScottB
11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Souveran for looks and ease of use .... Fuzion for its durability and its versatility.