PDA

View Full Version : Winter Blues

cgreen1120
11-07-2012, 09:54 PM
So now that the cold weather has hit, my wife is taking full advantage of a customer’s car not being in the garage. The honey-do list continues to grow and one of the major items was to detail the master bath. About an hour into it, I reached the cultured marble counter top. :wow: this looked very familiar. Full of swirls, hard water spots and even more RIDS than the 2011 BMW Z4 I worked on last week. “Hey that gives me an idea.” So off to the laundry room I went to get all the supplies I just removed from the garage for the winter. I grabbed my DA, M105 and the WG twins. As I passed my wife in the kitchen doing the dishes she looked at me as if I just lost my mind. “What kind of car did you find in there?” Karyn asked. I looked at her with a smile and simply said “Watch this.”:props:
After doing a small test spot with the 3”, I plugged in the 5.5” and went to town.:buffing: I only did half the counter and none of the bowl before I realized what a mess I was making. I’m not used to have to worry about anything but car trim. The results were amazing.Im the MAN Karyn and the kids thought I was nuts and I must admit I was wondering if I was just suffering from withdraws.
After doing a little research on the internet, I found I was not the first. In fact, it is the way most people do cultured marble restoration. I am going to do a little more research and possible do multi step wet sand prior to my newly discover polishing release. My wife asked If I was going to try it on the shower and toilet and I told maybe the shower but my pads aren’t touching that toilet! A man has to draw the line somewhere. I will keep you all informed on how it all turns out if anyone is interested.
Has anyone else tried this?

Craig

tuscarora dave
11-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I did the shower surround and the range hood here at our house.

cgreen1120
11-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Adn the toilet?

cgreen1120
11-07-2012, 10:12 PM
And the toilet?

dougsrt
11-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I think i might have to do the bath tube and shower. :buffing: that should make points with the wife

rasch_C
11-07-2012, 11:33 PM
When prepping the nursery area for our new son, we decided to paint the walls white and put a horizontal glossy-red stripe along the wall. Before I put the flat-black vinyl "Ferrari" scripting in the center of the strip, I took my DA w/ tangerine pad and some Menz 106 to the red stripe to give it some extra gloss:pc7424:

Our son's name is Enzo

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Ferrari_Nursery.jpg

BobbyG
11-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Craig,

Detailing must have "boundaries"..... :laughing:

cgreen1120
11-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Tell my wife that.