PDA

View Full Version : Differences in these two filter systems

kenallwine
11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Has anyone used this AG filter set up (http://www.autogeek.net/waterfilterkit2.html)? It seems like a no brainer over the CR Spotless system at a fraction of the price.

swanicyouth
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
The AG system is a water softner. It reduces CaCo3 by exchanging it for NaCl (roughly). So what you are left with is "softer water" that is more sodium rich and will reduce water spots. However, NaCl can leave some water spots, they just may be easier to remove.

The CR spotless is a de-ionizer. It removes ion from the water like NaCl and CaCo3 so you are left with pure mineral free (de-ionized) water. This is much better, and theoretically you would not need to dry and be left with zero water spots. Theoretically.

The above is a rough explanation as I understand it. There is more to it, but that's the idea. Soft water is better than tap water, but de-ionized water is by far the best for a final rinse to leave the vehicle water spot free.

kenallwine
11-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the info! I wonder if anyone has tried this out on a black vehicle in the sun? I would like to know what the result is of letting the water sit.

Twister
11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Mike has a video of using the CR system on a black car and leaving it to air dry.