PDA

View Full Version : Anyone affected by hurricane sandy

s500
11-07-2012, 01:36 PM
i am located in midland beach, staten island right off the beach. luckily me and my family left in time as our entire house was submerged under water which was 14 ft high. I lost my mustang that i have only owned for three months as well as all my detailing supplies and my pc. my entire house needs to be renovated as i already started to remove the sheetrock and insallation. after im done building im going to have to start a new autogeek collection of items one thing on top of my list is a rotary buffer such as dewalt or makita. anyone else affected by the hurricane.

s500
11-07-2012, 01:39 PM
it was very hard to go back home and see everything destroyed many people died and couldnt make it out. most of my neighbors are moving as their houses are beyond repair.i guess i have alot of work on my hands in the coming months.

Finemess
11-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Stuff can be replaced, lives can't. Stay strong brother.

BobbyG
11-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Sorry for all your troubles and I hope you can pick up the pieces and get back to normalcy sooner rather than later... Tough going there....

KenR
11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Damage and time without power at my home in Floral Park was minimal compared to what you have gone through. I wish you the best of luck. Maybe Autogeek can send a care package of detailing supplies to help you get back to normal.

Gurge
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
thats terrible. I'm on long island. (Farmingdale). was out of power & heat for 7 days. but who cares, you lost your house. so sorry man.

I have some old product I don't use, random free samples, some stuff from my albert kemperle sales guy. When you're back on your feet if you wanna take a ride out my way, shoot me a pm. I'll give you some goodies towards rebuilding your collection.

sorry about your mustang

mwoolfso
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I am in Bellmore and STILL feel a little guilty that my family is back to normal (save fuel) and over 100K others are not.

Stay safe brother. It's snowing by me right now; thick flakes too!

Minoan212
11-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Glad you and your family are okay. So sorry for what you are going through. I am in Zone A on SI too, but did not have to face anything like you are now. We are currently staying at my mother-in-laws place. Hopefully we will be able to head back to our apt soon. My sister-in-law who is volunteering at Miller Field told me that the water reached Hylan Blvd. That is just too insane to imagine. Our thoughts are with you guys.

s500
11-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Stuff can be replaced, lives can't. Stay strong brother.

Sorry for all your troubles and I hope you can pick up the pieces and get back to normalcy sooner rather than later... Tough going there....

Damage and time without power at my home in Floral Park was minimal compared to what you have gone through. I wish you the best of luck. Maybe Autogeek can send a care package of detailing supplies to help you get back to normal.

thats terrible. I'm on long island. (Farmingdale). was out of power & heat for 7 days. but who cares, you lost your house. so sorry man.

I have some old product I don't use, random free samples, some stuff from my albert kemperle sales guy. When you're back on your feet if you wanna take a ride out my way, shoot me a pm. I'll give you some goodies towards rebuilding your collection.

sorry about your mustang

I am in Bellmore and STILL feel a little guilty that my family is back to normal (save fuel) and over 100K others are not.

Stay safe brother. It's snowing by me right now; thick flakes too!

Glad you and your family are okay. So sorry for what you are going through. I am in Zone A on SI too, but did not have to face anything like you are now. We are currently staying at my mother-in-laws place. Hopefully we will be able to head back to our apt soon. My sister-in-law who is volunteering at Miller Field told me that the water reached Hylan Blvd. That is just too insane to imagine. Our thoughts are with you guys.

thanks guys theres no need to send me samples as i dont have a car at the moment. we still dont have power since the storm but i am at a friends at the moment that does. hopefully fema comes and looks at the house so i could get started on the work. my dad was a construction worker but is on disability after a bad injury on the job. i am 17 but know how to do drywall, painting, hardwood flooring as i had renovated two rooms in my house before the disaster. has anyone had any experience with fema because i am hearing all different things such as that they only pay 25% of what anything is worth.

Meticulous-Detail
11-10-2012, 10:08 AM
In Annandale SI and made it through unscathed thank god. Wish you and your family good luck and best wishes. Did you ever bring that Stang to Gateway on Sundays? I usually go every other week.

If you had full coverage on the Stang, you will be covered for the damage or total loss. Homeowners insurance doesn't cover floods, so you would need separate flood insurance. Albeit, living in Midland Beach you probably can't get flood insurance or the premiums are ridiculously high. Start the FEMA process immediately and document with pics and video if you can. Also don't forget to contact Congressmen Grimm, State Senator Lanza and Borough President James Molinaro if you run into a road block and need assistance.

s500
11-18-2012, 10:23 PM
In Annandale SI and made it through unscathed thank god. Wish you and your family good luck and best wishes. Did you ever bring that Stang to Gateway on Sundays? I usually go every other week.

If you had full coverage on the Stang, you will be covered for the damage or total loss. Homeowners insurance doesn't cover floods, so you would need separate flood insurance. Albeit, living in Midland Beach you probably can't get flood insurance or the premiums are ridiculously high. Start the FEMA process immediately and document with pics and video if you can. Also don't forget to contact Congressmen Grimm, State Senator Lanza and Borough President James Molinaro if you run into a road block and need assistance.

Someone had backed up into the stang so i was in the process of repairing it. i had the radiator support and most of the front end of at the time so i wasnt able to save it. i had it up on cinderblocks infront of my house but the water pushed it of and it still sits sideways infront of my house. fema paid us around 29k for the entire house which was under water and 2 cars including the mustang. i didnt have full coverage on the stang and the house didnt have flood insurance because we were not elgible since we didnt have a mortgage.we r in the process of repairing the house now. im still going to have to see if what im going to do with the car as i only had it a few short months. i spent more time detailing it then driving it. i was never able to make it to gateway. is it still open and do you go every sunday. i heard theres also a car meet at target on tuesdays.

s500
11-18-2012, 10:25 PM

by the way do you see the bluemagic gtr at gateway and theres another white one thats always around midland beach. i actually saw the bluemagic gtr at mcdonalds on midland today.