PDA

View Full Version : Designated towels for waterless wash

Pages : [1] 2

vman
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you designate a specific towel for waterless washes and don't use it for any purpose but waterless washing.

Also, does anyone have a problem with dirt stains in their towels even after putting them in the laundry?

Ryry11
11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you designate a specific towel for waterless washes and don't use it for any purpose but waterless washing.

Also, does anyone have a problem with dirt stains in their towels even after putting them in the laundry?

Yep, actually just bought some of the gold cobra jr 16x16 that I dedicated to my rinseless washing. After realizing that those werents enough, I've also added the pumpkin and green colored mf that are currently on BOGO. The long knap side of them are quite plush and have worked good for my rinseless washing.
I do have that problem of staining on my mf after washing. I use chemical guys mf cleaner and it cleans them well, but doesn't completely rid them of the stains. Thinking I may try presoaking them next time before the wash load and see if that helps at all

cleanmycorolla
11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I use designated waterless wash towels,(these (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html)) in fact I have set of towels designated for everything, wax buffing, sealant buffing, door jambs, wheel wells, engine, windows, etc.....

As far as dirt stains, I never really have issues as Pinnacle Microfiber Rejuvinator and Blackfire Cleaner clean my towels exceptionally!

Wors
11-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Long nap MFs are designated for my waterless washes. One suggestion is to stick to a light color long nap MF for the waterless washes. It is important to use a clean side of the MF for a proper waterless wash. If a dark blue or black MF is used, dirt would not be easy to see. If a dedicated MF wash is not being used then I would suggest BF or Pinnacle as others mentioned.

Shortspark
11-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Can someone tell me what "BOGO" stands for?

Wors
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Can someone tell me what "BOGO" stands for?

Buy One, Get One Free

Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

Shortspark
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks!

Kinalyx
11-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I have recently implemented the Garry Dean Wash Method and have 20 towels for rinseless washing. I still dont do much/any waterless washing as i just dont feel that there is enough lubrication to be safe.

Shawn

swanicyouth
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
The 3 towels I use for WW are the Euro Shag (Rag Shack Shag Rag), Microfiber Tech 600 gsm Plush green towels, and Chemical Guys Sasquatch Towels. Sometimes I will use the Euro Towels for other things like QDs. I wash them with BF MF Wash and it removes all stains.

Bill1234
11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I use costco microfiber towels. Wash them first and the fluff up and get bigger

DiPaoro
11-07-2012, 06:11 PM
For the pumpkin and green colored mf that are currently on BOGO, what is the difference other than color between these two? I need some but only want to buy one and leaning towards the pumpkin.

Thanks!

Speed-Dude
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Same towel just different colors.

Wors
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
For the pumpkin and green colored mf that are currently on BOGO, what is the difference other than color between these two? I need some but only want to buy one and leaning towards the pumpkin.

Thanks!

Color is the only thing that is different.

vman
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Does the weight of the towel matter that much as long as it has a side with a long nap?

Wors
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Does the weight of the towel matter that much as long as it has a side with a long nap?

The higher weight will provide a longer nap. Many responses will be given on the preferred MF weight for a waterless wash MF.