PDA

View Full Version : poorboys SSR 2.5 dusting problem solved!

drdellorama
04-23-2007, 06:20 PM
ok so we all know that SSR 2.5 dusts a lot, some member suggested that don't prime the pad when using it and you won't have the problem, anymore.
I tried that, and it still dusts.
i tried using QD, and same result.
last night, i tried priming the pad with sprits of water, and voila, no more dust!!!
I used the orange LC CCS pad.
so yea it worked for me, and hopefully it'll work for you.

Rsurfer
04-23-2007, 06:23 PM
ok so we all know that SSR 2.5 dusts a lot, some member suggested that don't prime the pad when using it and you won't have the problem, anymore.
last night, i tried priming the pad with sprits of water, and voila, no more dust!!!

Did you prime with H2o after each panel or just once?Feed back please

drdellorama
04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
hmm good question, i tried it only on my hood last night, i divided the hood to 4 parts and sprits the pad twice the whole time.

budman3
04-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Try using it with a polishing pad... no priming with anything as well... I believe that the orange pad lets the product dry out faster than with a polishing pad...

drdellorama
04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Try using it with a polishing pad... no priming with anything as well... I believe that the orange pad lets the product dry out faster than with a polishing pad...

i tried that, but the white pad doesn't have enough bite to take out the swirls for me, so the orange is necessary.
i use the white for SSR 1

supercharged
04-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Huh?:confused:
Feed back please

P1et
04-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Honestly saying, I think the problem also lies in people using way too much product.

supercharged
04-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Honestly saying, I think the problem also lies in people using way too much product.
That's possible too. I now try to use 3-4 pea sized drops of polish per 18"x18" section.

klumzypinoy
04-24-2007, 01:13 AM
That's possible too. I now try to use 3-4 pea sized drops of polish per 18"x18" section.

Do you prime the pad with the SSR, or with anything else, or with nothing at all?

orngez
04-24-2007, 02:01 AM
just make sure you clean your pad with a pad brush after every section and you will prevent a lot of dust...

supercharged
04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Do you prime the pad with the SSR, or with anything else, or with nothing at all?
XMT pad conditioner.

drdellorama
04-24-2007, 05:10 PM
XMT pad conditioner.

i primed mine with plain ol water

budman3
04-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Glad the priming with water works with you and that is what it is all about... but generally the water or any other QD will make the product have the dusting issues, as would a dirty pad, saturated pad, cutting pads, etc. Everyone thinks that pads need priming before using any polish but the SSR line doesn't fall into this category. It may be different for every person but hopefully everyone is able to vary thier techniques to make all products work effectively.

trlblazer3
04-24-2007, 09:22 PM
I've used SSR 2.5 on a couple vehicles now, and haven't had too much of a dusting issue. Except on a Mercedes SLK Kompressor I did on Sunday. It was dusting like crazy, but looking back at it I was probably using more product than necessary.