PDA

View Full Version : Winter storage

newb001
11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi. I keep all of my products (which these days is mainly just various car washes, 1z cockit, Ultima interior guard, Ultima Tire & trim, a few spray waxes and sealants and some waterless washes.

Are any of these items in particular, but also all products in general, not ok to keep in a garage that gets very cold in the winter? I assume if it's well below freezing outside, that the garage is probably going to be freezing.

Thank you for your thoughts!

vet
11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
I would take all products inside for the winter. I've had experience with waxes that were froze, then used, and it wasn't pleasant. My rule of thumb is if it's too cold for me to work there comfortably, it's too cold for the products to be there.

newb001
11-06-2012, 11:21 AM
:) thanks!

BobbyG
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM
My rule of thumb is; any "product" that touches the finish comes inside for the winter. :props:

hoyt66
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
My rule of thumb is; any "product" that touches the finish comes inside for the winter. :props:

Yep!!

Andr3wilson
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I let my wax freeze... once. I have found that most products can get cool, but as long as they stay above freezing point of water you are good :)

Personally i have an insulated garage with hot/cold taps inside (great for winter detailing) so i leave all of my stuff on the shelves off of the concrete floor (big temperature difference, if you want to go a step further put them on a piece of styrofoam), and when it gets really cold (-4F to -20F) outside, ill either turn on my little space heater or turn on my big electric patio heater.

Anyways hope this gives you some ideas! :)