PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Pages : [1] 2 3

TroyScherer
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Product Review: Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Product Description / Claims:

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is a must-have product to add to your collection of detailing waxes and sealants. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is an advanced spray-on, walk away paint sealant that provides Wolfgang’s signature deep gloss shine and durable German Super Polymer paint protection. The durable sealant provided by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal offers maximum UV protection to keep your vehicle’s paint looking great for years.

Maximum UV Protection
Versatile

Product Details:

Packaging: Typical Black Wolfgang Bottle with a sprayer
Directions: Well Described
Color: Clear
Scent: Mild Chemical with Bubble Gum ?
Pricing: $21.99 @ 8oz / $49.99 @ 16 oz

Directions:

1. Before using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, paint needs to be clean and dry.
2. Work in the shade on a surface that is cool to the touch. If you can’t place your hand on the paint and let your hand remain on the paint comfortably, then the paint is probably too hot.
3. Work on one panel at a time. A panel equals a hood or a fender, or a door, etc. A larger panel like a hood should be treated as two panels.
4. Mist product over a section of paint. Spread sealant over surface using a clean, dry foam or microfiber applicator pad. One spray per panel is all that’s needed.
5. If there is any excess product on the panel after spreading it out, you are applying it too thick. Lightly buff off excess with a microfiber towel.
6. Repeat until entire panel is covered. Move onto a new panel until entire vehicle is coated. Additional coats can be applied one hour apart.

Warnings or Precautions:
Always work on a cool wheel in the shade.
Keep out of reach of Children
Harmful If Swallowed

Testing:
I will be setting up a durability test here in the near future comparing WG DGLS / BF CS / UPGP. But for now I will simply let my videos of the ease of application do the talking.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RGaQYovlQ]Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal 1 - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cLxbiiI7L4]Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal 2 - YouTube[/video]

Pros:

Very easy to apply
A little covers a large area
Looks more like a Nuba wax than other sealants

Cons:

None at this time

Questions:

What is the Durability?

Final Thought / Summary:

WG DGLS is a WOWA sealant that is one of if the easiest I have ever used. Even when applying it heavy you can easily level it out and walk away. It is like wiping on a Liquid Nuba gloss. It has a true depth that is not found in most other sealants. If the durability is on par with other regular sealants as well as WOWA sealant like UPGP then WG DGLS will be my new go to WOWA sealant.

Chris's FX4
11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the review, especially the videos.:props:

Can't wait to try this on one of our cars over Thanksgiving break.

TroyScherer
11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the review, especially the videos.:props:

Can't wait to try this on one of our cars over Thanksgiving break.

Not a problem. :props:

mjlinane
11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Great review, Troy!

Pats300zx
11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Great review Troy !

Johny B
11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the review and videos.:dblthumb2:

Reddwarf
11-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Good review. Will be interested to see durability. Certainly is easy to apply but darn pricey at $2.75 per oz.

So this would be an alternative to applying WDGS? Or on top of it?

TroyScherer
11-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Great review, Troy!

Thanks Mike

Great review Troy !

Thank you Pat

Thanks for the review and videos.:dblthumb2:

Not a problem

Good review. Will be interested to see durability. Certainly is easy to apply but darn pricey at $2.75 per oz.

So this would be an alternative to applying WDGS? Or on top of it?

Thanks

Cost: You have to remember that with 1oz of product you can do around 10 cars. So that makes the price per application around $ .28. So it really works out nice.

As I am not sure on durability yet I will hold off making total judgment. But if the durability is there & similar to UPGP / BFCS then this could easily be used in place of WDGS. It is so quick and easy you could top up a vehicle once a month in the same time it takes to do a QD wipe-down.

BobbyG
11-06-2012, 06:45 AM
I like the video review Troy!! :props:

TroyScherer
11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I like the video review Troy!! :props:

Thanks Bobby

Waxmax
11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I too found the video informative....well done. It's too easy!

cleanmycorolla
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Excellent review and video. I have this on my shelf, got delivered recently, I was thinking about using it soon, this just confirmed that even more. Again, excellent video!

TroyScherer
11-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I too found the video informative....well done. It's too easy!

Thanks

Excellent review and video. I have this on my shelf, got delivered recently, I was thinking about using it soon, this just confirmed that even more. Again, excellent video!

Thank you very much.

FUNX650
11-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Troy...
-Excellent idea on using the video-format for demo purposes. :props:

Question:
-Do you feel that the overspray being produced, especially while applying
WGDGLS to a vehicle's panels, presents any drawbacks to this product?

:)

Bob

TroyScherer
11-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi Troy...
-Excellent idea on using the video-format for demo purposes. :props:

Question:
-Do you feel that the overspray being produced, especially while applying
WGDGLS to a vehicle's panels, presents any drawbacks to this product?

:)

Bob

Thanks Bob.

I don't think there are any real drawbacks to applying it directly to the paint as long as you make sure to spread everything out and expand the actual work area to cover any overspray.

But if you worry about overspray you and apply it to the MF applicator and then buff it on. I simply applied it to the panel in the video to show how easily it spread.