PDA

View Full Version : 1St Try with WGDGPS3.0 and VERY HAPPY! Which Topper Next?

Pages : [1] 2

TOFAST4U2C
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I am more than pleased with the results of applying 2 coats of WGDGPS3.0 to my 05 SS white Camry 24hrs apart. WOW is a better description, It looks wet and is very slippery to the touch which I never got with just Collinite 845. Although I am sure I could leave the finish alone as is but I usually would finish off with Collinite 845. I wanted to try some WG Fuzion that I have as well. Should I just go Fuzion for the winter and call it finished or Collinite 845 or both? If both, what order? I was thinking the 845 would pull off the Fuzion and little would be gained? Thanks
Jack

Chris's FX4
11-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Considering you already have 2 coats of WGDGPS 3.0, I would go with the Fuzion. You think it looks good now, wait till you put Fuzion over it.

If you left it alone, your 2 coats of WGDGPS are already enough for effective winter protection.

swanicyouth
11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Fuzion will make it look even more incredible. However, if its a daily driver and sits outside and you DON'T have plans to detail until spring it may not be the most durable combo. My point is, Fuzion is so easy to apply. You should be able to keep it topped up somehow during the winter if your motivated to do so. If not, go with the Collinite.

Chris's FX4
11-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Fuzion will make it look even more incredible. However, if its a daily driver and sits outside and you DON'T have plans to detail until spring it may not be the most durable combo. My point is, Fuzion is so easy to apply. You should be able to keep it topped up somehow during the winter if your motivated to do so. If not, go with the Collinite.

His current combo of 2 coats of WGDGPS is more than enough for winter. That's what I've been using on my truck the past couple winters in the exact scenario you described, and it has been very durable each time.

So, he really already has a durable combo that doesn't really need anything more. But yes, if he wants a little more durability on top of what he already has then Collinite would be the way to go. Seeing as he already has the durability of 2 coats of WGDGPS then why not go with the product, Fuzion, that makes paint absolutely beautiful in my mind?

It's really a matter of if he wants a little more protection or a little more beauty on top of what he already has.

FUNX650
11-05-2012, 02:12 AM
His current combo of 2 coats of WGDGPS is more than enough for winter.

^^^:dblthumb2:^^^

It's really a matter of if he wants a little more protection or a little more beauty on top of what he already has.

IMO...
-The only drawback I see in applying something like a wax atop an excellent sealant,
such as WGDGPS...

-Is that waxes' tend to take-over...Leading to:
Deferment of this sealant's characteristics/attributes...

And...Wasn't those characteristics/attributes the main reason(s)
for applying WGDGPS in the first place?!?!

:)

Bob

SON1C
11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Top the hood and determine if its even worth it to you, and if it doesn't last all winter you should toss the product lol assuming you prepped the surface sufficiently

silvermesa
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Personal preference will dictate what you do, and all will have different opinions on what is right for them!

It sounds like you like the sealant look, so you may leave things as they are and at wash time use a spray topper or touch up such as wolfgang spritz sealant or others.

A year ago I did my first detail and used BFWD and topped it with Colinite 845 and noticed the Colinite reduced the shine and pop that BFWD achieved. So since that point, for me personally, I like using a sealant and then freshening things up at wash time with a spray topper of some sort.

Looking forward to see others thoughts.

Chris's FX4
11-05-2012, 09:03 AM
IMO...
-The only drawback I see in applying something like a wax atop an excellent sealant,
such as WGDGPS...

-Is that waxes' tend to take-over...Leading to:
Deferment of this sealant's characteristics/attributes...

And...Wasn't those characteristics/attributes the main reason(s)
for applying WGDGPS in the first place?!?!

:)

Bob

Good points Bob. This is especially true when using waxes with qualities that are much lesser than those of Fuzion or 845.

RTexasF
11-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Were it mine I would leave it be.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Why not take the look a bit further with some Fuzion? Dont bother with the 845 in this case.

TOFAST4U2C
11-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I have a ton of product to try and the WG Fuzion $$ is at the top of the list now that I tried the WGDGPS. I won’t use the Collinite on this car now. I will try the hood with the Fuzion to see if there is a noticeable difference. If it’s an eye catcher I will do the whole car and see how long it lasts. I don’t want to take anything away from the level of gloss that it’s at now. I have 4 vehicles and a trailer; all are white except one being metallic silver. I can try other combinations elsewhere; just wish I had a darker color paint on one of them.

richluu
11-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I have 4 vehicles and a trailer; all are white except one being metallic silver. I can try other combinations elsewhere; just wish I had a darker color paint on one of them.

Were you successful in using any products on the metallic silver to give it a wet eye popping look?

TOFAST4U2C
11-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Were you successful in using any products on the metallic silver to give it a wet eye popping look?

I havent put much time into that car yet. I gave it a quick once over with the PC DA and Duragloss #501 which is a AIO. I like the results on a clear coated paint, as time goes on I will try other product combinations. I cant say "eye popping" but was very pleased with the results on time invested in that detail.

TOFAST4U2C
11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I decided to use the WG Fuzion everywhere but the hood and front bumper. I used the Collinite 845 there. I didnt notice any big difference in the looks after applying either to the white paint.
Here are a few poor photos that dont do justice to the end result. I am still WOWed by the results of the WGDGPS. Now we will see how the finish holds up through the NY winter.
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/jtramuta/photo16-1.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/jtramuta/photo15-1.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/jtramuta/photo17-1.jpg

TOFAST4U2C
11-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Double post