PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 & LC CCS White

Don Gl
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Ok, here's my dilemma. I got all my equipment and supplies from AG. Equipment: Flex 3401VRG, FLEX XC3401 Changeable Backing Plate, various LC pads, NanoSkin AutoScrub Fine pad. All WG products. I've also found out that you cannot have enough MF towels!

New to the professional way of detailing a car, usually OTC products. I have learned alot here about the proper care of a vehicle finish.

For the first time today using everything, I use the 3401 to break-in the AutoScrub on my worktruck windshield. Worked great.

Then I move over to my 2013 Ford Edge - Ruby Red, whatever the dealer put on has been the only protection on the vehicle. I clean the vehicle hood, use the baggy test to find contaminants, use the 3401 and AS to clean the hood, baggy test again; all is good.

Now here is the problem I run into. I put the LC CCS White pad on the 3401, prime with WG Paintworks Polish Enhancer. I spread the product around on a 2 setting, adjust it up to 4.5-5 and go at it. I do the passes I see in Mike's videos and do about 5 passes. I stop the 3401 and look at the pad and it has a pink/red tint to it!

What have I done? Did I go through the clearcoat and get into the paint somewhere?

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Nick McKees37
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Sounds like a tinted clear coat. Nothing to worry about. :dblthumb2:

dpscoupe
11-04-2012, 07:22 PM
The color ruby red for the 2013 edge shows to have a tinted clear coat, so some color transfer to the pad should be normal.

Don Gl
11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Wow! Nick, thanks for the quick feedback. You've given me some peace. FWIW, I went to the Ford EDGE website and they do call that color Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat.

I feel much better now. :awesome:

Don Gl
11-04-2012, 07:28 PM
The color ruby red for the 2013 edge shows to have a tinted clear coat, so some color transfer to the pad should be normal.

Thanks dpscoupe, you posted while I was typing my reply to Nick.

dpscoupe
11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks dpscoupe, you posted while I was typing my reply to Nick.

No problem man. Happy buffing!