PDA

View Full Version : Drying Aid?

vman
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Im always having water spot problems on windows during the hotter months of the year. I have pretty hard water and no shade which are the two worse combinations. Right now I take a sprayer of distilled water and constantly go over the car as I dry each section. This seems to work okay but water spots still remain.

I have some aquawax coming in and im wondering if spraying the car with that would be more beneficial? I also have onr and some waterless washes. Would any of the polymers/waxes in these wick away the water better and not allow it to form water spots?

swanicyouth
11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. It's almost to avoid all water spots on the windows when washing directly in the summer sun. Rinsing with an Aqua Gleam de-ionizer helps. But that's only practical for the final rinse. After that, I use Duragloss Water Spot Remover on a MF towel and a bit of pressure. They come off fairly easily.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/05/uputyja9.jpg

Drying with Aquawax may help a little. But I usually find, by the time you are drying in the hot summer, the water spots are already there, as its difficult to keep every inch of the car wet during the entire wash process.

One bonus of living up North in the winter is no more water spots when washing - as long as your buckets of soap don't freeze on you.