PDA

View Full Version : Is OPC safe on all wheel types?

Pages : [1] 2

ihaveacamaro
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Is OPC safe for any wheel type?

Thanks for any answers! :xyxthumbs:

On a side note, I just did some of the worst tires today. Took 4 applications of OPC straight to get them to sud up white. Phew, what a day...

Chris Thomas
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
The only report of an issue was a single Detailer who saw it turn white behind the clear on a few sets of mag wheels in his area. My deduction was that there was delamination and OPC just got trapped behind it. OPC is safe on all surfaces...just needs to be rinsed.

ihaveacamaro
11-04-2012, 05:07 PM
The only report of an issue was a single Detailer who saw it turn white behind the clear on a few sets of mag wheels in his area. My deduction was that there was delamination and OPC just got trapped behind it. OPC is safe on all surfaces...just needs to be rinsed.

Ok awesome! Thanks :xyxthumbs:

ihaveacamaro
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM

what happens if OPC dries on the wheels?

Chris Thomas
12-11-2012, 09:13 PM
It will leave a white residue that would have to be removed with any AIO.

ihaveacamaro
12-11-2012, 09:21 PM
It will leave a white residue that would have to be removed with any AIO.

Say a wheel is washed and cleaned with OPC. And it dries for an hour or two. Could you just reapply more OPC to take it off, or as you said, apply something slightly abrasive at that point.

Never happened to me, but just curious.

Lim3
12-12-2012, 12:37 AM
dumb question here but what is OPC

A-train
12-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Optimum Power Clean

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

faulksy
12-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Say a wheel is washed and cleaned with OPC. And it dries for an hour or two. Could you just reapply more OPC to take it off, or as you said, apply something slightly abrasive at that point.

Never happened to me, but just curious.

It most cases yes. Time and heat are the major factor with the dwell time

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AG Online

ihaveacamaro
12-12-2012, 08:54 AM
dumb question here but what is OPC

Optimum Power Clean... best APC (all purpose cleaner) I have used to date.

Wheel cleaning, bug removal, undercarriage cleaning, engine bay cleaning, leather and upholstery cleaning, plastidip cleaning, it literally does it all.

You do have to use it at different dilutions though for the different applications.

For wheels (for someone who hasn't done their wheels in a long time), I use one part concentrate to 4 parts water or OPC at a 1:4 dilution.

For wheels maintenance, interior cleaning, and engine bay, I use 1:9 dilution.

It's expensive, but great stuff.

If you use it on your paint, it might degrade the LSP (last step product ie wax or sealant), but that is to be expected with all LSPs.

A-train
12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
+1

Lim3
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
i might need to get some. it deep cleans the tires right ?

A-train
12-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes it's great on tires. I use 3 :1 on tires and 1:1 or even straight if they are really bad.

ihaveacamaro
12-12-2012, 02:03 PM
i might need to get some. it deep cleans the tires right ?

Yeah it does, I have a little video test I did. A bit long, but I think it's worth watching:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MhKu-RZTX0]Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA's Totally Awesome (Tire Cleaner) - YouTube[/video]

Lim3
12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
damn video was great. how often should i clean them like that ? any risk of drying them out