PDA

View Full Version : Real water spots on car windwos.. :(

Pages : [1] 2

Qusai
11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Let me begin first by saying that i used every method ranging from vinegar to fine grade steel wool. Man nothing worked, i got this information online but these people must have had some weak water spots, nothing major like mine. I can live without them to be honest, but i was hoping my knowledgeable fellow ag members can chime in on this situation. Did anything work for anybody or am i just wasting my time? Thank you!

rider9195
11-04-2012, 01:38 PM
I would look into Car Pro CeriGlass. I have used it successfully to remove water spots and even light scratches using my Porter Cable 7424 XP with a glass polishing pad. You can do this by hand, but it will take a lot of elbow grease and even more time.

Here is a 50/50 shot of what I accomplished with CeriGlass.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC023351.JPG

dcjredline
11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Im starting to think you dont have WATER spots. Geesh if the steel wool didnt take care of them.

AutowerxDetailing
11-04-2012, 02:04 PM
+1 for CeriGlass.

ScubaCougr
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Im starting to think you dont have WATER spots. Geesh if the steel wool didnt take care of them.
:iagree:
Is the defroster OEM? Is there a tint film on the back window? I've seen cases where the film bubbles or starts to let go due to heat or irregular surface of the defroster.

KillaCam
11-04-2012, 06:07 PM
I used duragloss nuglass with awesome results. For 8 bucks it's a great deal.

A.P.A.D.
11-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I used duragloss nuglass with awesome results. For 8 bucks it's a great deal.

:iagree: I always use DG nuglass. If fact, i just used it on some water spots today on a truck's back window. I used it on my PC7424 on a yellow cutting pad. if they are really bad, i use the glass pads. has always worked for me. By hand did work on these spots, via machine is a must.

i need to try it with the rotary, i bet it would remove them a lot quicker.

good luck

KillaCam
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
:iagree: I always use DG nuglass. If fact, i just used it on some water spots today on a truck's back window. I used it on my PC7424 on a yellow cutting pad. if they are really bad, i use the glass pads. has always worked for me. By hand did work on these spots, via machine is a must.

i need to try it with the rotary, i bet it would remove them a lot quicker.

good luck

It really is a great product. What speed did you use it on? I used speed 5 on the pc with just an orange pad. Glass looks brand new afterwards!

I heard a rotary can warp the glass if it gets too hot.

A.P.A.D.
11-04-2012, 07:25 PM
With foam i use speed 6 with ths PC. With the glass cutting pad i use speed 5.

With the rotary i would treat the glass like paint as far as the heat issue is concerned.

KillaCam
11-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Do you have an issue with it drying out? I found out that spritzing the glass with a squirt of water before I polish works great.

A.P.A.D.
11-04-2012, 07:46 PM
With the glass pads it seems to dry out quickly. With using the foam pad today i split the back glass in half and i placed 5 dime sized amount of nuglass on the pad. I was able to use speed 6 going 4-5 section passes without it drying out. It was easy to remove at that point as well since i worked it in so well.

A-train
11-04-2012, 10:24 PM
I use metalwax water spot remover, you can google the company or watch their YouTube videos. It breaks down the spots completely with light scrubbing and a little patience.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

newbdetailer
11-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Duragloss NuGlass gets my vote. Good stuff.

Vegas Transplant
11-05-2012, 02:04 AM
I use metalwax water spot remover, you can google the company or watch their YouTube videos. It breaks down the spots completely with light scrubbing and a little patience.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cool video.
Thanks for the tip.

Qusai
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Ever since I bought the car, it had water spots embedded in the glass. Not regular water spots, I heard dp made a product for the glass I read good reviews on it but not sure still