PDA

View Full Version : Menz SF4500 /Optimum Finish Polish/WG Finish GLaze

primo spaghetti
11-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Ok, Ive got a dilemma. getting ready to delve into prepping the paint on my Dodge Ram (crystal something Black metallic) for OC 2.0 and therefore im looking to make the paint as perfect as i can.

I recently tried out the Optimum Polish II and really liked it (so much so that i grabbed some hyper compound to try where i need it).

anyhow, I know everyone raves about SF 4500 on black paint (ive never tried it), but ive got a few questions.

is SF 4500 the same as WG finishing glaze?

will i need OPT Finish Polish to give me the max shine, or can i stick with the polish II?

thanks

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
I cant answer all of your questions but I can say that FG is identical to 4000. For the max shine I would use the 4500.

primo spaghetti
11-02-2012, 07:43 PM
thanks smack

Lowejackson
11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
If you like the Optimum polish, I would simply stick with it. The Menz range is very good but half the battle in detailing is to find things you like and are happy to work with.

As for needing Optimum finish polish, my view is it will depend on the paint. If the paint is very hard it may not be needed but if medium or soft if should increase the gloss. Ultimately if you are happy with the outcome of just using the polish then just finish with the Opti-Coat

Vegas Transplant
11-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Try different products on different panels? :dunno:
If it were me, I'd stay in the OCC lineup. One less step to complete before 2.0'ing.