PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Can't figure out how to repair my Griot's Garage DA

LuckyDetailer
11-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone.
I have a Griot's Garage DA that I've had for a while. Been a great product.
Today I noticed that my pad was all over the place while buffing. I stopped the buffer and when I grab the backing plate. it wobbles from side to side.
Took the backing plate off and the spindle nut wobbles and is not tight in the bearing.
The bearing is moving fine. It's as if the nut needs to be tightened but I can't figure out how to do so.
This is probably one of those obvious things but I'm crazy frustrated.

Thanks in advance!!

mbkite
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Mine is doing the same thing .i think we need to send it back for repair.

Belair
11-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Yep, contact GG customer support for help.

dad07
11-01-2012, 07:29 PM
IF you guys bought them from AG call them First!!!!!! They will take care of you.

If you bought from somewhere else then contacting Groits is in order.

Detail-Impressions
11-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Lifetime Guarantee! Griot's advantage

Old Tiger
11-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Mine did this. The spindle bearing was wiped. Got a new one within a week. UPS picked up the old one when they delivered the new one.

Johny B
11-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Lifetime Guarantee! Griot's advantage

+1

athilion
07-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Hey everyone.
I have a Griot's Garage DA that I've had for a while. Been a great product.
Today I noticed that my pad was all over the place while buffing. I stopped the buffer and when I grab the backing plate. it wobbles from side to side.
Took the backing plate off and the spindle nut wobbles and is not tight in the bearing.
The bearing is moving fine. It's as if the nut needs to be tightened but I can't figure out how to do so.
This is probably one of those obvious things but I'm crazy frustrated.

Thanks in advance!!Sorry for the late late late response, but mine have the same problem, anyone send it to repair? Greetings from México.

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk