PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Pages : [1] 2

BobbyG
11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Even after such a devastating storm the weather does clear and for the most part it's pretty normal where I live. I was VERY fortunate to sustain only minor damage and my heart goes out to the folks in New Jersey and New York...

I've tried a few sealants over the summer but lately Wolfgang and Pinnacle have added some very interesting products to their line up. I've done some reading and listening to what some of the members have had to say about a few and one that rises to the top is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is conveniently supplied in an 8 ounce spray. Unlike some sprayers, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal comes with a fine spray which is ideal for laying down a fine mist of product.

To gauge what I was about to spray I opened the bottle and what I discovered was a very light, mostly clear liquid. Its scent is very nice which is a big plus for those sensitive noses..

I recently bought a new 2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited. It's a gorgeous black and I thought this would be an ideal time and vehicle to put this product through it's paces and see what all the hoopla is all about...:)

When I'm applying a protective product I always like to prep the surface with either a polish or paint cleaner and for this test I decided to use Duragloss #501.

Duragloss #501 is a nice 1-step product and is formulated with enough abrasive giving it the ability to remove minor swirls, marring, and like finish defects. I applied this product using my Porter Cable 7424 combined with a White flat foam pad.

The black paint looked great and this would be the perfect time to protect it using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal.

These are all the the products I used. I added the Wolfgang Fuzion because after letting he sealant cure overnight I'll apply it tomorrow.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1602/Wolfgang_Sealer_-_02.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/51534)

Products and two gorgeous Microfiber towels. I used the Pumpkin to wipe off the haze of the Duragloss #501 and the blue to apply and buff the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1602/medium/Wolfgang_Sealer_-_03.JPG

Reflective Shots

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1602/medium/Wolfgang_Sealer_-_05.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1602/medium/Wolfgang_Sealer_-_06.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1602/medium/Wolfgang_Sealer_-_07.JPG

Conclusion:

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal was so easy to apply and achieve a gorgeous deep reflective shine. One thing to keep in mind is this is a clear sealant so there's no applying, wait for it to haze, then buff. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is an apply and walk away product....yes, it's simply that easy and effective.. :props:

You owe it to yourself so give Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal a try, you won't be disappointed.....:props:

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/spray-on-paint-sealant.html)

Finemess
11-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Jeep is looking real good Bobby.

Hoytman
11-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Nice review BobbyG. Did you apply one, or two coats of the Wolfgang Seal?

The reason I ask is that I've been using Opti-seal quite a bit after claying paint. I've noticed that on the first application the pad tends to be a little "draggie" each time I use it on a detail job. It doesn't skip, but drags...the foam applicator that is. However, when I start applying the second coat several hours later it is as slick as glass with no drag. Of course, I always clay first and the paint is slick anyhow, but it's like the clayed paint and the first appliction of opti-seal has a little friction to it.

I've tried varying my amount of product on the pad in this first application and it really doesn't seem to make a difference in the drag on the foam. So, I simply went back to using one spray per panel so I don't waste product. Then I wait and apply a second coat. It's hard to describe, but there's a discernable difference in the feel of the applicator between the first and second coats.

Have you ever noticed anything similar with these types of products?

One thing is for sure, ya' can't beat wipe on and walk away products with a stick.

hoyt66
11-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Bobby,
Glad to hear you came out of the storm OK. Jeep looks awesome! That product has me looking for sure. Is that like an Opti Coat?

BobbyG
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Bobby,
Glad to hear you came out of the storm OK. Jeep looks awesome! That product has me looking for sure. Is that like an Opti Coat?

Hey Chet,

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is a clear sealant and it's easy to apply. I used a Microfiber towel instead of a foam applicator, I ran out, and after misting it and smoothing it out everything looked great.....

Optimum Opti-Coat is a permanent coating unlike a sealant.

BobbyG
11-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Nice review BobbyG. Did you apply one, or two coats of the Wolfgang Seal?

This is 1 coat after cleaning with Duragloss 501...

The reason I ask is that I've been using Opti-seal quite a bit after claying paint. I've noticed that on the first application the pad tends to be a little "draggie" each time I use it on a detail job. It doesn't skip, but drags...the foam applicator that is. However, when I start applying the second coat several hours later it is as slick as glass with no drag. Of course, I always clay first and the paint is slick anyhow, but it's like the clayed paint and the first appliction of opti-seal has a little friction to it.

I've tried varying my amount of product on the pad in this first application and it really doesn't seem to make a difference in the drag on the foam. So, I simply went back to using one spray per panel so I don't waste product. Then I wait and apply a second coat. It's hard to describe, but there's a discernable difference in the feel of the applicator between the first and second coats.

Have you ever noticed anything similar with these types of products?

One thing is for sure, ya' can't beat wipe on and walk away products with a stick.

I found that with both Optimum Opti-Seal and Ultima Paint Guard Plus two coats were required in order to really make the gloss deep and shinny....:props:

There was no drag applying Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal and after it dried it was very smooth....:props:

Johny B
11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the review Bobby. Jeep looks great.
Johny.

RMM
11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Hello Bobby!

Congrats on the Jeep, the hard work and the review! :props:
I also have WDGLS on my cars: this winter, the prep was WDGPS 3.0 + WDGLS + Füzion. The maintenance will either be Füzion or WGDSS.

P. S. - Black car, hum? You just found yourself a part-time job! :dblthumb2:

addysdaddy
11-01-2012, 07:47 PM
bobby I would strongly suggest 3 coats waiting 1 hour between applications. I promise you will be totally amazed

TroyScherer
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Nice review Bobby. I agree with your thoughts and findings.

umana2482
11-01-2012, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=Hoytman;759695]

Hello everyone new guy on the forum here.
I like applying Opti-Seal with a Meguiars 3" black finishing pads. I know that "draggie" effect you are talking about and I hate it. You will save product with the Meguiars pad.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AG Online

davey g-force
11-02-2012, 12:28 AM
How does the durability of WDGLS compare to a more traditional type sealant?

Mc'lovin
11-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Hey BobbyG,

Thanks for the review, but you did forget to mention one important thing!
WDGLS is now on BOGO!!! :)

BobbyG
11-02-2012, 05:22 AM
How does the durability of WDGLS compare to a more traditional type sealant?

This is something I'll have to wait and see over time.

I was very impressed how this product laid down so smoothly. When trying a new product for the first time there's a bit of "cautious optimism" but this quickly turned to excitement as I was wiping it on. :props:

I used the short nap side of the towel after I folded it. This allowed me to lightly wipe it in one direction using overlapping strokes for complete coverage. :props:

Pats300zx
11-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Awesome review Bobby. Love your new Jeep !!