PDA

View Full Version : how to properly clean nanoskin autoscrub?

jackychai
11-01-2012, 04:44 PM
i have discovered some tar like matters sticked on the pad. it might be deposited on the paint when i use it (but easy to remove by wash mitt) is tarmintator safe for cleaning? or other cleaning supply is preferred?

thanks.

jackychai
11-03-2012, 05:12 AM
anyone use the scrub?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AG Online

jackychai
11-06-2012, 12:27 AM
really? no one can chimp in?

Blink43va
11-06-2012, 03:43 AM
I use it. Never had that issue. Occasionally washed it off while "claying".

Mike Phillips
11-06-2012, 07:13 AM
really? no one can chimp in?

:dunno:

Forum are not always instantaneous modes of communication. I'm very happy to say this forum is actually quite good at getting you answers fast.

As to your questions, first, try removing tar from the paint chemically before using any mechanical means of removing bonded contaminants. Tar is messy and contaminants anything it gets on including,

Detailing Clay
Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads
Speedy Prep Surface Towels
Buffing Pads

If you discover tar on the rubber surface of a Nanoskin Autoscrub Pad then it should be safe to use a tar remover to "dab" it off. Rubber is inert for the most part as long as the chemical used against it isn't overly strong it should be okay.

Experiment a little and let us know what you find to help others into the future.

Thank you.

:props:

jackychai
11-07-2012, 01:47 PM
thanks mike. i agreewith u.

i do rinse the skin after each section.

and i do use trix or tarmintator sometimes if the tar are obvious, before claying. so i guess the tar it has are very tiny and did not get my attention.

i will try ur method the following Monday and post the result. thanks.

jackychai
11-14-2012, 06:05 PM
conclusion: do not use tarmintator to clean the tar on your speedy prep towel or nanoskin autoscrub pad.

last night i have used tarmintator to clean the pad and the rubber on it has melted a little.

i tried to rinse it thoroughly with water trying to remove any tarmintator left. and waiting about 15min. it is still like in a melted form. i will check back tonight to see how it is after 24hrs.

the rubber patern was perfect kite form but now the edge of each kite was a little melted. hope when it solidated i can use it again. lol. good luck on me.