PDA

View Full Version : Looks like marring with m105 NEED HELP

fuerte
10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
I did a great search about my problem with only one thread about it
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hXVtYdEpHc]Hologramming part 2 - YouTube[/video]
I am having the same problem as what is stated in his video not sure if I am not working the product in or if it is my technique. I am using a IPA spray down with new MF towels. When I am removing the polish should it still be wet or dry?

I am using m105 with a hydro tech cryan 5 inch pad priming it with CG conditioner and working ht polish into the pad before use.

ShineTimeDetail
10-31-2012, 11:15 PM
Why don't you follow it up with 205?

Blobianco
11-01-2012, 05:37 AM
I had the same problem follow up with a tangerine pad and some m205

TroyScherer
11-01-2012, 05:43 AM
I am having the same problem as what is stated in his video not sure if I am not working the product in or if it is my technique. I am using a IPA spray down with new MF towels. When I am removing the polish should it still be wet or dry?

I am using m105 with a hydro tech cryan 5 inch pad priming it with CG conditioner and working ht polish into the pad before use.

M105 Polish should still be wet when you remove it as it is a non-diminishing polish. So you polish till you get your result and you are done.

You can spray the towel, but I prefer to spray the panel to make sure I have the area covered in solution.

M105 + hydro tech cyan is a strong combo that is very aggressive. The slight marring you are having is very common when using a compound. You will need to follow up the a polish and a polishing pad. I would suggest M205 + hydro tech Tang pad.

c5z06camaro
11-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Def get some m205 if you don't have one.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AG Online

tuscarora dave
11-01-2012, 09:38 AM
There is a reason that 105/205 are called the Meg's twins. They are a one two punch, "cut and finish". Kind of like Frick and Frack, or Mutt and Jeff. One could hardly perform to potential without the other.

DRT BRD
11-01-2012, 09:54 AM
If I'm using foam, I like to follow up M105/Orange LC pad with M205/Black LC pad. KILLER combo and glossy/swirl free results.

fuerte
11-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Ok so now I feel super noobish. I originally used Menzerna Power Gloss but it left the same thing, I thought I wasn't using the PC right so i bought m105 in order to fix it. I never knew that using an aggressive combo would marr paint like that. I dont have m205 right now I have Menzerna Power Finish should this work or would I be better off ordering m205?

EddieF
11-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Ok so now I feel super noobish. I originally used Menzerna Power Gloss but it left the same thing, I thought I wasn't using the PC right so i bought m105 in order to fix it. I never knew that using an aggressive combo would marr paint like that. I dont have m205 right now I have Menzerna Power Finish should this work or would I be better off ordering m205?

If im not mistaken, powergloss is also a compound, you need a polish. You can get M205, or even ultimate polish from advanced, auto zone and pepboys. That should help you. M205 took marring right out of my paint.

richy
11-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Power Finish is a tad more aggressive than 205. You may be fine with it. Try it with a few different pads and see how it works for you.