PDA

View Full Version : I met Mike "FLEX" Phillips today at SEMA!

Pages : [1] 2

Ohio Detailing
10-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Awe yeah!!

While walking around SEMA 2012 today, to my happy surprise while hoping Auto Geek would be there with Flex Phillips, I turned the corner and saw rows of shimmering black Pinnacle and Wolfgang bottles, with the man himself adorned in a detailing apron schooling fascinated onlookers in the arts of polishing! I was PUMPED to say the least.

After years upon years from Meg's to Auto Geek following the expert, sincere, detailed, and thoughtful advice and kind considerate character of one of the world's preeminent detailers, I was finally able to shake hands with the legend of shine! The colossus of gleam! The great flexerino!

Here's a cell phone shot we got snapped, and as you can tell, it looks like my face is being stretched to the limit with that smile, haha! I immediately picked up an autographed copy of Mike's book, and can't wait to get those pages tattered and put it all to good use for clients and for my personal vehicles which I love... well, just the Shelby GT500, but don't tell the Jeep.

THANKS SO MUCH for the great impression Mike, you're a guy who truly lived up to the "hype" of your happy-go-lucky willing to help anyone persona online, and that was the best part of it all! Auto Geek is FORTUNATE to have recruited you into their ranks, you're a gentlemen and a real professional, thanks again my friend.

-Aaron

tdekany
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Dude! You are a beast!

I met Mike last year and he is indeed a legend. Also a very nice guy.

rasch_C
10-31-2012, 10:11 PM
I was finally able to shake hands with the legend of shine! The colossus of gleam! The great flexerino!

Wow, now he's going to get a big head! :laughing: But, really, he is a good guy. I have the same great impresion of him from when we met him a Detailfest 2011. They even invited us out to drink w/ him the first night we got there -super cool.

Hoytman
10-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Mr. Phillips is truly everything you said about him.
Aaron's your name...really? Standing next to "Flex" looked like a man named Arnold to me.

Folks, did you see the guns on that guy?:wow: Looks like your breaking Mike's hand for crying outloud. He'll never be able to polish anything by hand again. :laughing:

In the famous words of Lou Costello, "Let me at him...let me at him"...NOT!Im the MAN

:D

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Right on. I will try and meet him Friday. I was there late Tuesday and he took off to see the Overhaulin setup

Ohio Detailing
10-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Dude! You are a beast!

I met Mike last year and he is indeed a legend. Also a very nice guy.

Haha, thanks! Yeah, he was so approachable, and really just seemed genuinely interested in speaking with people!

Wow, now he's going to get a big head! :laughing: But, really, he is a good guy. I have the same great impresion of him from when we met him a Detailfest 2011. They even invited us out to drink w/ him the first night we got there -super cool.

He deserves to have a big head, but he doesn't, which is what makes him Mike Flex Phillips! :)

Mr. Phillips is truly everything you said about him.
Aaron's your name...really? Standing next to "Flex" looked like a man named Arnold to me.

Folks, did you see the guns on that guy?:wow: Looks like your breaking Mike's hand for crying outloud. He'll never be able to polish anything by hand again. :laughing:

In the famous words of Lou Costello, "Let me at him...let me at him"...NOT!

Haha!! Yes, Aaron's my name :) I have always been a fan of Arnold, I remember when first saw Terminator, it was filmed the year I was born.

If anyone was going to break anyone else's hand... Mike would have broken mine, how many decades has he been using his hands to make paint glimmer!?

Right on. I will try and meet him Friday. I was there late Tuesday and he took off to see the Overhaulin setup

Totally an awesome guy! I bet you 95% of what he does is actually his "job," and everything else is what he does because he has an actual passion for detailing and for customers and fans/friends!

BobbyG
11-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Pretty cool indeed! :coolgleam:

I hope to meet him at The Autogeek Detail Fest 2013........:props:

Audi X2
11-01-2012, 07:51 AM

I hope to meet you at Detail Fest 2013 Bobby :xyxthumbs:

vet
11-01-2012, 07:58 AM
That's great!

joche26
11-01-2012, 08:14 AM
That cool:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
11-01-2012, 08:43 AM
I hope to meet you at Detail Fest 2013 Bobby :xyxthumbs:

Right back at Ya! :props:

Ohio Detailing
11-01-2012, 02:01 PM

Really trying to make concrete plans to attend DF 2013!

Mike lambert
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I was fortunate to meet mike at my shop when he worked for meguiars, all of what was said is true and then some!

ihaveacamaro
11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
pretty cool!!

Ohio Detailing
11-01-2012, 04:56 PM
pretty cool!!

What kind of car do you drive? ;)