PDA

View Full Version : Help me out please ?

redg35
04-22-2007, 05:44 PM
I have a question about pinnacle advanced swirl remover.I bought a bottle a while back and am gonna try it out with my new 4" pads i bought from AG.I have the xmt line up and the menzerna line up as well but you know how it is with us addict,s.I want to try this out with the light swirls i introduced to my car this winter.Any recomendations on the pads and speed of the pc,i havent used the 4" pads before but i hear they generate much more heat.

Thanks for any info.

redg35
04-22-2007, 07:07 PM
bump

Nimble
04-22-2007, 07:31 PM
The heat the 4" pads generate is needed imo for PC defect removal in a timely manner. Meaning, it won't take you as long as using 6" pads. With that said, in no way will you burn the paint with a 4" pad and a PC unless you really stand on the pad for more than a few sec in one spot. Spread at speed 4, and polish at 5-6. First heavier passes, then lighter. I usually do 2 each vertical and horizontal in a 2x2 area. Take about 3 min a section for me.

ltoman
04-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Wish i could help you here, but I don't know.
Ask Kllr - he pretty much has the answer to everything!

FloridaNative
04-22-2007, 09:50 PM
The advanced swirl remover is pretty potent for light swirls. I'd recommend a lighter polish with the white pad to start with.

redg35
04-23-2007, 05:17 PM
The heat the 4" pads generate is needed imo for PC defect removal in a timely manner. Meaning, it won't take you as long as using 6" pads. With that said, in no way will you burn the paint with a 4" pad and a PC unless you really stand on the pad for more than a few sec in one spot. Spread at speed 4, and polish at 5-6. First heavier passes, then lighter. I usually do 2 each vertical and horizontal in a 2x2 area. Take about 3 min a section for me.
Thanks that was what i was hoping to hear and i think ill start with some fp11 first.

ScottB
04-23-2007, 05:41 PM
The advanced swirl remover is pretty potent for light swirls. I'd recommend a lighter polish with the white pad to start with.

I agree .... and speed at full tilt on PC or you wont see any correction. It transfers very little heat, so pad and polish become the control mechanism.