PDA

View Full Version : No Shine!

Ong~Bak
05-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Hello,
I am hoping someone knows of a product I can use on my interior dash and door panels that does not leave any shine, I have tried all the protectants at the local auto stores and all leave a residue and dull shine specially (Jerry Meguiar's)

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks

joe.p
05-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Hello,
I am hoping someone knows of a product I can use on my interior dash and door panels that does not leave any shine, I have tried all the protectants at the local auto stores and all leave a residue and dull shine specially (Jerry Meguiar's)

Thanks

If you don't mind placing an online order i would suggest PoorBoys Natural Look. it leaves a nice matte finish and hardly collects any dust at all with a nice smell.
http://www.autogeek.net/pbnl16.html
here is a link:

MikeyC
05-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Have you tried Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer? This product leaves the least amount of shine I have ever seen. I'm using as a comparison 303 Aerospace Protectant, Armor All, Poorboy's Natural Look, and many others. The Quick Interior Detailer left no gloss at all. The only down side is that it only provides light UV protection, but it also happens to be a great cleaner.

dksu
05-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Any pics after using the products? I've been searching quite awhile for some pictures but no luck yet.

Sevenrd
05-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Have you tried Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer? This product leaves the least amount of shine I have ever seen. I'm using as a comparison 303 Aerospace Protectant, Armor All, Poorboy's Natural Look, and many others. The Quick Interior Detailer left no gloss at all. The only down side is that it only provides light UV protection, but it also happens to be a great cleaner.

I second Meg's QID. No shine or residue is left from this product. 303 leaves a nice matte finish as well, although maybe a bit glossier than Meg's QID.

Meghan
05-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Hello,

Thanks

I really like 303 on my dash, it leaves a flat matte finish. Plus it is water based.

DS Detailer
05-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Pinnacle Viynl and Rubber protectant.

Mike T
05-22-2006, 10:26 AM
I've heard great things about Poorboy's NL. I myself have a bottle of PB's Leather Stuff. Which I've been using on our vynall interiors. Smells good, leaves a nice suttle look and doesn't attract alot of dust.

ScottB
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Have you tried Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer?

:iagree: :iagree:

Its actually called Quik Detailer, but it is the only product I have found that leaves absolutely NO shine. I love it .... nice and original looking, with a clean crisp scent.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1898_103395901

Neothin
05-22-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't classify QID as a protectant though. I feel that it should be considered a cleaner instead.

a product that i use and classify as an interior protectant w/ very little gloss would be 303 aerospace protectant.

ScottB
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't classify QID as a protectant though. I feel that it should be considered a cleaner instead.

:iagree: :iagree:

however I disagree on 303 being anywhere close to no gloss or lacking any finish brightners. It is matte with a light gloss. Only other product I have found to offer protection and no real finish enhancers is Sonus Cockpit.

Funny, Megs sent me a free trial version above in quick wipes, and one of the questions on the survey was should they increase the UV protectants :confused:

Ong~Bak
05-22-2006, 08:58 PM
I want to thank you all for your opinions, seems like a very nice group of folks.
The Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer sounds like what I have been looking for, I have just ordered, Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion, I will have to look at some more stuff and place another order soon ...
Thanks Again
Todd

Neothin
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
hehe I got the free QID wipes i got from meguiar's sitting in my emergency kit i keep in the back seat!

Ong, this is just the start. you just wait. soon you'll be toting foam guns and porter cables with the best of us :D

Ong~Bak
05-22-2006, 09:14 PM
It has been along time since i was doing this kind of stuff, the last time I was into detailing was at FT. Riley and I was using the wax shop prouducts. Now it is a whole new ball game for me and I am thinking I will soon be hooked lol
Yes I am already looking at the porter cable buffer hahahaha