PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Micro Fiber and Pads?

eyost
10-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi all,

I know this has been discussed before, but any guidance for this newbie to best way to clean micro fiber and polishing pads? So far the cloths have been used to remove Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant, and Wolfgang Fuzion, Pinnacle Advanced Polish, Swirl Remover, and Detailer's clay lubricant. I also have a waffle drying cloth that has been used to dry the car. Pads have been used to apply the cleansing lotion, Pinnacle Advanced Polish, and Pinnacle swirl remover.

The clothes are made by cobra with the pads made cobra and lake country.

I have seen folks talk about Detailer's polishing pad rejuvenator, the pinnacle micro fiber rejuvenator, and the Detailer's Micro-fiber cleaner, but I am open to other suggestions.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

Ed

Johny B
10-31-2012, 07:42 PM
I use the Pinnacle Microfiber Rejuvenator and it's great. For my pads I use Snappy clean and let them in a bucket for 30 minutes and after that throw them in the washer. No issue to date.

ScottB
10-31-2012, 08:03 PM
The DP Pad Rejuvinator is a citrus based cleaner and you can mix up as little or much as wanted. It helps with pads especially and I have used to pretreat extremely dirty MG towels.

Generally with MF towels I use a MF cleaner, and about 1/2 a cup of white vinegar in the rinse. If the towels are really caked with polish or wax you can pretreat as above as an option.

richluu
10-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Don't mean to go off topic, but how do you exactly wash them? I toss them in a HE front load washer..just using the BF MF cleaner. What I noticed is the BF leaks out of the washer..does anyone else have this problem?

vegas911gts
11-01-2012, 12:17 AM
CG mf wash works great for me and it's cheap when you buy the gallon jug.

Ryry11
11-01-2012, 08:44 AM

+1

storm100
11-01-2012, 08:56 AM

:iagree:

Divine Details
11-01-2012, 10:44 AM

That's what I use also.

If the towels are really dirty put an ounce or to of the CG in a 5 gallon bucket of hot water and let the towels soak a while before putting in the washer.

Chad @ divine details

eyost
11-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks all for the suggestions. Need to find something that won't wack out the washer - need to keep spousal harmony.:)