PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash Chart

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wors
10-31-2012, 11:15 AM
First, to the creator of the shampoo chart, thank you. I used the shampoo chart as a template.

This is the first draft version. Only AG Rinseless washes are included. If everyone would like to see other rinseless washes added please let me know. Also, I am sure there are mistakes. Please let me know so I can correct them.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/RINSELESSv1_0.jpg

Hoytman
10-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Didn't see a shampoo chart.

Wors
10-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Bobbyg reposted it yesterday in this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/56932-shampoo-would-you-choose.html

PIAUTOSPA
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
I would like wash n wax by croftgateusa.com

Wors
10-31-2012, 12:52 PM
I would like wash n wax by croftgateusa.com

It has been added. Their wash & wax is very concentrated light 1024:1 and heavy 512:1.

yakky
10-31-2012, 03:11 PM
nice work!

Wors
10-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Added the Croftgate rinseless product.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/RINSELESSv1_1.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/51513/size/big/cat/)

rider9195
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Can you add Garry Deans Infinite Use Detail Juice?

Wors
10-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Sure.

Wors
10-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Can you add Garry Deans Infinite Use Detail Juice?

His site says 1oz per 4 gallons for rinseless. In the GD videos he never uses 4 gallons. The ratio is 512:1. On the sheet I left it at 2 gallons per wash. I will repost an updated sheet later if there are no more requests.

Hoytman
10-31-2012, 06:34 PM
They'll likely be more products to add after SEMA and possibly even throughout the next few months.

Some of the sites have confusing numbers that I have found. I've never mentioned it on the forum before, but it seems that some of the ratios that are mentioned don't match up with the numbers when you start doing calculations. However, that last time I was crunching numbers was several months ago and I can't recall which sites had fishy numbers.

Further more, what's interesting is the labeling on some of these products. The directions for mixing seem to be the same on smaller bottles as they do for the big bottles.

Now, some of you may be thinking; well...duh...Bill...but bare with me. Some products that I've seen don't give a measured amount of product to mix with water. It'll say a cap full. No kidding...a cap full...that sounds great. Hold on! The cap on a pint or quart bottle is much smaller than that of a gallon jug and no exant amount is given to mix with water then it botches everything in my book.

Again, it's been awhile since I visited the sites of some of these "skeptical" mixing ratios. Those sites may give exact amounts to mix with water now.

I just wanted to throw that out there. You have to be careful.

Another thing is how the present the ratio. Is it 4:1 or 1:4. They most certainly are NOT the same ratios unless they mention product to chemical or chemical to product. Simply throwing out a ratio isn't good enough. You can't always assume that the number 1 ,in the ration 4:1, designates the amount of product. The manufacturer should and generally does specify at least one of the numbers to be designated as a product value. If they provide that, then it doesn't matter how the ratio is written.

Wors
10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
I can add new products as they are released. Which ratios don't seem to be correct? The math could be off and I will correct them. The Dilution Ratio is displayed Water/Product.

They'll likely be more products to add after SEMA and possibly even throughout the next few months.

Some of the sites have confusing numbers that I have found. I've never mentioned it on the forum before, but it seems that some of the ratios that are mentioned don't match up with the numbers when you start doing calculations. However, that last time I was crunching numbers was several months ago and I can't recall which sites had fishy numbers.

Further more, what's interesting is the labeling on some of these products. The directions for mixing seem to be the same on smaller bottles as they do for the big bottles.

Now, some of you may be thinking; well...duh...Bill...but bare with me. Some products that I've seen don't give a measured amount of product to mix with water. It'll say a cap full. No kidding...a cap full...that sounds great. Hold on! The cap on a pint or quart bottle is much smaller than that of a gallon jug and no exant amount is given to mix with water then it botches everything in my book.

Again, it's been awhile since I visited the sites of some of these "skeptical" mixing ratios. Those sites may give exact amounts to mix with water now.

I just wanted to throw that out there. You have to be careful.

Another thing is how the present the ratio. Is it 4:1 or 1:4. They most certainly are NOT the same ratios unless they mention product to chemical or chemical to product. Simply throwing out a ratio isn't good enough. You can't always assume that the number 1 ,in the ration 4:1, designates the amount of product. The manufacturer should and generally does specify at least one of the numbers to be designated as a product value. If they provide that, then it doesn't matter how the ratio is written.

jjkacz
10-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Great chart! I have always wanted to do something like this.

Wors
10-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Few Updates:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/RINSELESSv1_2.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/51515/size/big/cat/)

Hoytman
10-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi Wors,
I wasn't trying to suggest your chart was off, rather, that while looking at sites related to certain products the numbers didn't match up (the recommended ounce per use vs. the touted maximum dilution ratios on a given products webpage). Again, that was several months ago that I noticed this and I don't recall which products. My comments were mainly for people to be on the look out and to check the recommended ounces per use against the ratios...check the product website recommendations that is...ounces of product mix with water...and see if the touted ratios correlate.

Also, my comments on how the ratios were written was meant to show others that may be reading the some websites list the ratios with the small number as the leading number. I am used to seeing ratios in this industry and in other industries, and as you've listed them in your charts, with the large number as the leading number and always specifying at least one value and generally both values.

In short, my earlier comments were not complaints about your charts. Your charts are fine. Did I explain that any better this time?

I'm fairly certain that the prices on Garry Dean's site do not reflect the 20% SEMA discount. The gallons normally run $127.99 not $160 unless he's recently almost doubled the price. Version 1 was only $99 a gallon.