PDA

View Full Version : 08 vette. Orange pad an menz IP no go

chetmoseley
10-31-2012, 01:12 AM
Ok so I had the luxury of having a g8 before the vette with soft clear. I know the vette has extremely hard clear. Oh boy!

Pulled out the orange 5.5inch pad. Pc and menzerna IP. Took Max speed on the pc and 3 rounds on a 2 x 2 section to get some nice scratches out. My pad is basically ruined bc of pressure and speed.

Is SIP a lot more aggressive. What about SIP and a yellow pad?

chetmoseley
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Anyone

SonOfOC
11-02-2012, 01:21 AM
SIP is not much more agressive than IP, but it seems to work better on hard clear.

If you can catch your finger nail on those scratches, then those scratches mostly like will not come out completely.

However, you can reduce the severity to make them much less noticable.
You gotta ease up on the pressure and speed of the PC. Let the pad, polish, and machine do the work for you.

Lastly, some pictures would help.

chetmoseley
11-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Fingernail does not catch. I will try less pressure and speed again. Also I will take some pictures and post.

ScottB
11-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I find the Menzerna Ceramiclear (SIP, Nano, 085rd) often work better on the Vette hard coating.

chetmoseley
11-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Thinking about the sip/nano combo. FYI it says backorder on website. But the individual items are for sale and not sold out.

tuscarora dave
11-03-2012, 12:30 AM
A 2' X 2' section is too big of a work section for a PC and a Corvette. Shrink your work section down to 1' X 1' and see how that works. I've found no compound to work as well as M105 on hard Corvette paint. Another thing you might want to try is Meg's microfiber cutting disks. IME they get the work done much faster than foam pads. If you've never used MF disks, I'd get a half dozen disks because you'll likely use too much product during the learning curve and destroy a few disks.

chetmoseley
11-15-2012, 08:47 PM
How is the cutting disk compared to the foam pads. How easy is it to do damage?