PDA

View Full Version : What outtakes Meguiars pro-line?

Thlian
04-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I`m not only thinking about the quality, but also quantum?
Cause you can buy Meguiars pro in up to 1 gallon bottles, anyone else that offers this?

One second question, what other products are great to use with a rotary?

ScottB
04-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Cause you can buy Meguiars pro in up to 1 gallon bottles, anyone else that offers this?

Look at the "buy in bulk" area on autogeek and you'll find many larger offerings that are great for detailers.

As for the rotary, most of the polishes (SSR, XMT, Optimum) have worked without issue.

orngez
04-22-2007, 02:27 PM
all polishes work well with the rotary although i would give the edge to optimum as it is the best lubricated of all poishes that ag has to offer

supercharged
04-22-2007, 03:02 PM

I'd take Poorboy's SSR polishes and Optimum polish any day over Meguiar's.
The main problem with Megs polishes is they dust like crazy.

Thlian
04-22-2007, 03:55 PM
I haven`t had any experience with any of those products!
When I overlook the "bulk" section at AG I find Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DB etc. but I don`t know what to use.....

Lay it out for me......recommend! I have a red car, now PINK and I need it to shine like never before. What should I use from A-B, from cleaning to waxes??

orngez
04-22-2007, 03:57 PM
the porter cable xmt kit or the poorboys kit...add whatever detailing tools and towels you want from there...with the xmt go with the heavy swirl remover kit...maybe add a bottle of xmt4 to finish the lineup...

Thlian
04-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I cant`t find either Optimum or Poorboy`s product anywhere at AG??

wytstang
04-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I didn't like Poorboys polishes at all, they worked but dusted way to much for me. Optimum Compound and polished did not dust at all in full sun.

wytstang
04-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I cant`t find either Optimum or Poorboy`s product anywhere at AG??
Optimum
Optimum Polymer Technologies: Advanced Polymer Technology is in every Optimum Car Care Product. opt car care, optimum car wax, optimum car wash, (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-wax.html)
Poorboys
Poorboys World Polishing & Detailing Products: High quality, low cost car care products! poor boy's car care, poorboy's detailing products, poorboys (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboysworld.html)