PDA

View Full Version : New here what products to use.

marjen
10-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Hey guys,

I just joined here, kinda new to self cleaning my car. Started it a little with my last car and I just purchased a brand new vehicle and want to start off right so I can keep it looking new as long as possible.

So I am looking for advise on products and how to keep the car looking like new. I am a newbie and afraid to do damge to the finish, looking for easy to use products and advise. I have used ONR in the past and just purchased a couple of the new pinnacle rinse less and waterless products to try. I have buckets, but ordered 2 grit guards. I also just ordered 6 gold plush jr microfibers. Are these good choices? any other product advise or advise on what to do with the new car to keep it looking like new? thanks.

VP Mark
10-30-2012, 09:45 PM
That is a loaded question. If you are in for ease of use and simplicity, I would recommend the following:

1. ONR
2. Optimum Opti-Seal
3. Any decent tire shine, even OTC products like Meguiar's Endurance Gel works well
4. Any decent all purpose cleaner, can be used on interior carpets, seats, wheels(if properly diluted), wheel wells, and tires.
5. An interior dressing, if desired. Lots of people on here rave about 303 Aerospace protectant. I use 3D universal protectant, but I do this for a living and buy in bulk.

If you want information on exotic waxes and such, I'm sure lots of others will chime in, but if you want simple and easy, thats what I would personally use.