PDA

View Full Version : Mold and mildew removal.

MikeAOK
10-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I've acquired a 1992 Lexus LS400 124,000 miles.Car was practically give to me. Here's my dilemma. The car sat for a while under a tree for some time. Considering that, the exterior is in great shape after a thorough wash. My problem is the interior. It has mold and mildew stains all over. Aside from this issue interior is also in good shape. No tears in leather whatsoever. I know this is a pain, but as I said since this car was given to me I want to at least try and get it back to its glory. I mean come on a lexus ls400 with that many miles? Engine still purrs and tranny shifts very smooth. Any help will always be appreciated . Is why I turn to AutoGeek. Products? What to do?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

Sailfish
10-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Shurhold Moldaway, I use this on boats and have had very good results with vinyl, carpet and fabric. The good thing about this stuff is you mix the powder with warm water and spray on and let it work, or if it is bad get a soft brush and gentle work into area. Find it on Shurhold Moldaway Mold Remover, boat mold remover, marine mold remover (http://www.autogeek.net/shurhold-moldaway.html)

MikeAOK
10-30-2012, 09:12 PM
http://http://www.autogeek.net/shurhold-moldaway.htmlI use this on boats and have had very good results with vinyl, carpet and fabric. The good thing about this stuff is you mix the powder with warm water and spray on and let it work, or if it is bad get a soft brush and gentle work into area.

Thanks for the fast reply. It's funny I added that product to my cart but wanted to get input first before purchasing. How is it on stain removal?

Kristopher1129
10-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Ozone machine. They're kind of expensive, but I'm sure someone near you has one and offers the service.

I would thoroughly clean the carpets with a hot water extractor. Use a dehumidifier to completely dry. Then stick the ozone machine in for at least an hour, or two if necessary.

Sailfish
10-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Shurhold Moldaway see link above

MikeAOK
10-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Shurhold Moldaway see link above

Sorry. Was responding to you quick forgetting to click on link.

Sailfish
10-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Works better then most, easy and gets most of the stains I have worked on, also this product is a safe product no need to rinse from the affected area. Smell good and a container will last you for a very long time. Mix only what you can use in one day.

MikeAOK
10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Works better then most, easy and gets most of the stains I have worked on, also this product is a safe product no need to rinse from the affected area. Smell good and a container will last you for a very long time. Mix only what you can use in one day.

Much appreciated. Will place an order and see if it helps. Thanks 👍

MikeAOK
10-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Just placed my order. 👍

VP Mark
10-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Clean up the stainage, use your mold remover, then find someone in your area that offers the DrivePur system, and get a treatment done. I offer it and it is an amazing set of products that really does work.

MikeAOK
10-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Clean up the stainage, use your mold remover, then find someone in your area that offers the DrivePur system, and get a treatment done. I offer it and it is an amazing set of products that really does work.

Thanks will look into it. Looks like I can use all the help I can get.

judyb
10-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Em Clean - tested on leather specifically and will not damage it. Can also be used on fabrics and carpets. Used all over the world for safe removal of mold from jackets shies car interiors and furniture.
Please be aware that once the mold has been 'killed' you may find that it has left pit marks in the leather. This will need recolouring and refinishing as it is damaged pigment rather than mold residues.
Hope this helps
Judyb

Midnight1700
10-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Mike, where are you located? I belong to a large network of professional detailers across the nation and many of us have the Drive-Pur system.

MikeAOK
10-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Mike, where are you located? I belong to a large network of professional detailers across the nation and many of us have the Drive-Pur system.

I'm in Bridgeport,CT