PDA

View Full Version : Can you pick the last product for me?

Pages : [1] 2

YankeeFan
04-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm looking to get the wettest wet look using the 3 products below as I have them all on-hand. I'm hoping y'all can pick the XXXX product below for me. BTW - I have a dark blue Civic. In terms of durability - I'm hoping the sealant will add the durability but applying the glaze and wax each weekend isn't a problem.

DG 601
DG 105
XXXX
Natty's Blue

XXXX equals:
CG EZ Glaze Acrylic Shine II or Wet Mirror Finish
OG Omega
Megs #7
Red Moose Glaze

Thanks,
Howard

Bags
04-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Anything wrong with using the 3 you have already picked out?What did you use to polish? Personally I would skip the glaze, If the Natty's on top of the 105 can't get it done I'm not sure what will.

Surfer
04-22-2007, 12:41 PM
I have RMG and EZ-Creme, both are IMO the best glazes around. But have to give the edge to EZ-Creme. EZ-Creme can even be used as a stand alone b/c of the acrylic makeup that makes it last. Very, very wet and deep. Appying glaze and wax each weekend is kinda of a waste though, no need to, just clean and qd'.

alban61
04-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Between EZ-Creme and Wet Mirror Finish, which do you prefer Surfer? Or anyone else.
I've been eyeing that CG EZ Creme, and WMF on your list, Howard! Both sound good.

Surfer
04-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Alban - Don't have WMF so not sure.

ScottB
04-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Red Moose would be my choice ... even makes Souveran look a little wetter.

orngez
04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
red moose is great...wmf i think gets the edge over all of them..

supercharged
04-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Red Moose would be my choice ... even makes Souveran look a little wetter.
:iagree: :iagree: My also goes to RMG.

mixxer
04-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Rmg

Al-53
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I see what you mean now..you want to use over the 105....it may work out good..but may not last as long as say the EZ creme glaze...

I only used RMG under a wax on polished paint..so can not comment on what you want to do...sorry...

Al

ron231
04-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Go RMG its the best glaze around IMO. I wouldnt even bother with any sealants, also they wont bond over RMG. Just go wash>clay>polish>rmg>wax.

If youre worried abotu durability, use collinite 845 or for beter looks, collinite 915, these will outlast an average sealant and with better looks and ability to bond over an oil glaze like RMG.

Since autogeek doesnt carry clearkote anymore, I would suggest ordering directly from their website because they will give you samples of other products for free.

ClearKote Red Moose Machine Glaze (http://www.clearkote.com/Clearkoteweb/RedMooseMachineGlaze.htm)

and the wax

Collinite Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915 (http://autogeek.net/collinite-marque-wax-915.html)

Of course if durability isnt a problem, go with souveran or natty's or zymol.

YankeeFan
04-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I like the EZ glaze....it is very versatile ..you can apply it under a sealant and over it and between layers...and gives a nice deep wet look...I have the Wet Mirror but have not tried it yet so can not comment on it....

RMG is good also..but some sealants do not play well with the oils in it....it can decrease the durability from the lack of a proper bonding...

taken from the RMG description

Glazes are usually composed of various oils and other components to give a wet look to paint. Glazes look best on darker colors like red, blue and black. They offer a lot of depth and wetness. Be sure to use them after your polishing is done and before you apply your wax or sealant.

Carnauba waxes work best when used on top of a glaze. The oils in glazes sometimes cause bonding issues with certain finicky sealants.

RMG is great under a wax by far...but as said some sealants do not play well with oils ...and thats why DG has the bonding agent to remove wax oils for bonding...

Al

Al - not sure how to interpret your post. Are you saying RMG will work well with DG 601 and 105 together? Also, when the "bonding agent removes wax oils for bonding" what does that affect in terms of appearance and/or durability? I didn't look yet but I assume Natty's Blue is a carnauba wax. I know you are a big advocate of DG....just want to confirm it will work well with CG or RMG. Hope to see your opinions on WMF in the near future.

Thanks,
Howard

YankeeFan
04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Anything wrong with using the 3 you have already picked out?What did you use to polish? Personally I would skip the glaze, If the Natty's on top of the 105 can't get it done I'm not sure what will.

I think Natty's on top of 105 gives a nice reflection but was looking for a more wet look. Also, I didn't polish. I clayed and then used AIO to get a good surface for 601.

Howard

YankeeFan
04-22-2007, 09:56 PM
I have RMG and EZ-Creme, both are IMO the best glazes around. But have to give the edge to EZ-Creme. EZ-Creme can even be used as a stand alone b/c of the acrylic makeup that makes it last. Very, very wet and deep. Appying glaze and wax each weekend is kinda of a waste though, no need to, just clean and qd'.

okay....thanks. Wasn't sure how long the glaze will last. Never used one before.

Howard

Surfer
04-22-2007, 11:33 PM
okay....thanks. Wasn't sure how long the glaze will last. Never used one before.

HowardCG EZ-Creme is different, it's an acrylic makeup, not an oil glaze like RMG which though great after a couple washes the glaze is gone. EZ-Creme can be a standalone and will last over a month by itself, and looks seriously wet and glossy, IMO having both it has an edge over RMG which is pretty impressive. Either one though is great. I also have XMT glaze and it's not even on the same level as those two. I did my biz partners black Lexus with EZ-Creme and CG 5050 wax and it just looked incredible. Natty's Blue is also an excellent wax, I have others that cost more then it, yet I still love Natty's Blue, 15 bucks and it competes with waxes costing much much more.

RMG and EZ-Creme are the best around.