PDA

View Full Version : Rubber/plastic Dressing Suggestions

spitshine1
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi,
Well the weather is changing.
Any suggestions for a dressing, that will protect from frost/ rain/ snow, sun.
I notice that the product i use tends to wash off after every rain storm.
Thanks for all your help.
Prayers to everyone back East.

BobbyG
10-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Two that I've found perform exceptionally well are:

CarPro PERL
CarPro DLux

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers...

RMM
10-30-2012, 11:24 AM
I would suggest UTTG but I don't know how it behaves with frost and snow (I don't have "those" around here...).

vman
10-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I like carpro perl as well. It's water based and really easy to apply. Before I found out about perl I used armor all only for exterior trim and it wasn't that bad. The only thing is that I would have to reapply it after every wash.

beantown
10-30-2012, 12:09 PM
I've heard great things about CarPro Perl, but as another option, the new Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal can work on all exterior parts.

Y2KSVT
10-30-2012, 12:12 PM
What happened to UTTG? It used to be a forum favorite, but of course, when I buy a bottle of it, people move on to the next big thing. :dunno:

Anyway, I just applied UTTG to all of the plastic trim on our "new to us" 2010 Ford Edge, so we'll see how it holds up to the next 6 months of cold weather and snow.

cmwsdw@gmail
10-30-2012, 07:26 PM
A product that I am really liking is duragloss 253. I used it this past weekend on a clients neglected 05 avalanche and was thoroughly impressed. I did a couple test spots on the third brake light bridge using the 253 and UTTG to see which one would look the best. The 253 won hands down. It turned the faded out grey plastic pretty much solid black with one coat. The client and I were both amazed.

Later that evening I tried to wash the test spots off to make sure I had the whole piece even. I tried to get it off with degreaser first and the tried some prep-all. Neither would return the faded color back so durability seems like it will be very good.

Honestly the UTTG didn't seem to restore the color of the plastic at all. I have used the UTTG on the black trim on my new Challenger and liked the look and longevity of it but this avalanche obviously wasnt where the UTTG shined.

I also used the 253 on the tires and loved the look. Pretty much no shine on the tires(which is what I like). Just a nice clean, dry, deep black new look.

Now that I've got the Duragloss the UTTG is going to spend a lot of time on the shelf.