PDA

View Full Version : Which shampoo would you choose?

Pages : [1] 2

vman
10-30-2012, 01:27 AM
So I just ran out of car shampoo today when I was washing a friends truck and decided it was time for something new. Ive only used meguiars gold class and didnt feel the need to change since it was available otc and at a great price. But im sure some of you can relate to this itch im having regarding trying new products! Gold class hasnt failed me but variety is the spice of life, so they say.

I looked over the website and found a couple that im interested in:
-CG Maxi Suds II
-CG Citrus Wash and Gloss
-Duragloss 901

Citrus wash and gloss seems to be really concentrated and a little goes a very long way. Maxi suds is super cheap for the gallon and duragloss 901 seems to be pretty popular as well but is not as concentrated as citrus wash and gloss and is more expensive than maxi suds. So do you guys have any recommendations? I'll be buying the soap by the gallon and would like to spend less than $30 and it will be used in a two bucket wash as well as a foam cannon.

habeba86
10-30-2012, 01:37 AM
I was in the same boat as you a while ago. Now I have all 3 of those soaps....and citrus wash red.....and hyper wash. If only getting one id say wash n gloss only bcuz it can strip lsp better. I think 901 might look better on my black jeep....and maxi suds jst smells awesome!! You should get the small size of 901 also, its only 5 bux!

A-train
10-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Out of these three, I think the best bang for your buck will be the citrus wash and gloss. It has good cleaning ability, long lasting suds, and looks good.
Maxi Suds in my opinion has better suds out of the foam cannon, but not by a large margin.
Duragloss is a great soap but not quite as concentrate. Great cleaning ability, but I don't think it has as much gloss enhancement as CG.

Another option to is Chemical Guys citrus wash clear. It is also very concentrate but can be used to strip lsp, mixed at a stronger mixture.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
10-30-2012, 02:07 AM
I really like CG CW&G. But if I had to choose one.... Optimum gets my vote. I use it at 1/2oz per gallon cuz I don't have hard water and it works great......besides it is the best smelling one out there IMO.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-30-2012, 06:13 AM
I really like CG CW&G. But if I had to choose one.... Optimum gets my vote. I use it at 1/2oz per gallon cuz I don't have hard water and it works great......besides it is the best smelling one out there IMO.
Hey my friend! 1/2 per gallon may be too little for areas with hard water?

RMM
10-30-2012, 09:00 AM

:iagree:

For years I used a lot of soaps (including 901 and CG CW&G) and I never ordered Optimum: I have recently done so and all the others were put on hold - it's really great!
I also have soft water around here - I too use half the "dose" and it's more than enough!

ihaveacamaro
10-30-2012, 09:03 AM
OP, maxisuds would get my vote. It's a great soap :xyxthumbs:

match it with the CG website and you get it for $9 less than AG sells it for.

cmwsdw@gmail
10-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Duragloss gets my vote. Coming from megs gold class I think the duragloss is a much better soap. I've used them side by side and the 901 feels slicker, suds better, and cleans better. And I can buy it at my local Parts City for around $20 a gallon. If you check around local one of the parts stores in your area may have it too. And like habeba86 said you could try the small bottle and see if you like it first.

Wors
10-30-2012, 09:36 AM
OP, maxisuds would get my vote. It's a great soap :xyxthumbs:

match it with the CG website and you get it for $9 less than AG sells it for.

Just FYI, AG should price match the CG maxisuds website price.

swanicyouth
10-30-2012, 09:40 AM
CW&G is likely the best deal. MS II is great if you are on a budget or are using a foam cannon and looking not to lay out the cash for Honeydew.

Really all the CG shampoos are great. Optimum is also excellent, but you use a bit more.

And of course, CG is having a sale now and I couldn't resist ordering some Mr Pink.

Chris's FX4
10-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I would have to say CG CW&G since you can use for it stripping LSP's and for normal washing as well.

Dr Oldz
10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Hey my friend! 1/2 per gallon may be too little for areas with hard water?

You are right buddy. Fortunately my water isn't. OPT's official suggestion is 1oz per gallon BTW.
:props:

ihaveacamaro
10-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Just FYI, AG should price match the CG maxisuds website price.

that's exactly what I said lol

vman
10-30-2012, 11:27 AM
The maxi suds price is actually the same on both sites. $15! I use well water at my house so it is extremely hard.

ihaveacamaro
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
The maxi suds price is actually the same on both sites. $15! I use well water at my house so it is extremely hard.

it was 24.99 a week ago when I bought it, they probably have been getting a bunch of requests to price match, so they just made it the same price to begin with lol!