PDA

View Full Version : p21 paintwork cleanser

vegas911gts
10-29-2012, 09:51 PM
When should I do this in the steps below? I plan on doing a full detail on my car in november before it gets too cold and will just do a wash and spray with V7 weekly or biweekly and was wondering where this step fits in.

Wash-clay-polish-black light-sealant-wax-cg v7

WRAPT C5Z06
10-29-2012, 10:54 PM
You don't need P21S cleanser. Your order is correct and covers everything. You could even skip the wax(not the sealant) and maintain with V7.

Speed-Dude
10-29-2012, 11:01 PM
It would in fact be advised to skip the wax as the v7 will not be able to bond to the wax but will be able to bond to the sealant.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-29-2012, 11:08 PM
It would in fact be advised to skip the wax as the v7 will not be able to bond to the wax but will be able to bond to the sealant.
I'd agree with that.

vegas911gts
10-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks!

DEREKC
10-30-2012, 06:45 AM
You would use it before Black Light in your line up of products. You might also use it after you clay, to continue to the paint cleansing and provide a very light polish.

BobbyG
10-30-2012, 07:28 AM
When should I do this in the steps below? I plan on doing a full detail on my car in november before it gets too cold and will just do a wash and spray with V7 weekly or biweekly and was wondering where this step fits in.

Wash-clay-polish-black light-sealant-wax-cg v7

If I understood your question it was when do you use p21 paintwork cleanser in the order given above?

After clay it's always a good idea to do a paint cleanser or polish, but not both.

Polishing will remove finish defects, grime, sealants, waxes, and staining....

A cleanser will remove grime, grime, sealants, waxes, and staining....

I would stick with the spray sealants or a spray wax to maintain throughout the winter...

Audi X2
10-30-2012, 07:31 AM
If I understood your question it was when do you use p21 paintwork cleanser in the order given above?

After clay it's always a good idea to do a paint cleanser or polish, but not both.

I would stick with the spray sealants or a spray wax to maintain throughout the winter...

Exactly! Otherwise you are doing extra redundant work and achieving no additional benefit from it.

vegas911gts
10-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks guys. I'll probably skip waxing and just go with sealant. It makes it a little more shiny on white, but not worth doing I guess. I'll just keep using v7 for upkeep.

swanicyouth
10-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys. I'll probably skip waxing and just go with sealant. It makes it a little more shiny on white, but not worth doing I guess. I'll just keep using v7 for upkeep.

Don't do it! A sealant topped with a wax looks great, adds durability, and adds some "depth" to the finish. You should top with wax. I think you will be impressed with the results. You can still use V7 with a wax. I do it all the time.

KneeDragr
10-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I use it after I clay to remove residue and marring, even if I am going to polish.

RMM
10-30-2012, 11:13 AM

:iagree: Spot on!

Don't do it! A sealant topped with a wax looks great, adds durability, and adds some "depth" to the finish. You should top with wax. I think you will be impressed with the results. You can still use V7 with a wax. I do it all the time.

:iagree:

vegas911gts: if I were you, I would skip Black Light and do a double coat of the sealant at hand (to insure complete coverage, mainly), top with a good resistant wax (not something like Souveran...) and maintain the combo with V7.