PDA

View Full Version : Not a fan of the LC MF pads

WRAPT C5Z06
10-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Used them for the first time on a DA. While they cut and finish pretty well, they're way too stiff, IMO. They don't contour to curves all that good. After cleaning with BF pad cleaner, then dried, the foam backing became as stiff as cardboard. I like Meg's cutting pads better.

tuscarora dave
10-29-2012, 09:39 PM
I clean with compressed air and after a while they do seem to soften up a little. I've tested them beside Meg's Cutting pads and the longer fibers of the Meg's definitely cut faster and I agree the Meg's contour better too. I've gone through a dozen of the Meg's and 6 of the LC by now.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi Dave, I clean MF pads with compressed air on the fly. Yes, I meant to comment on the longer fibers of the Meg's pads, but forgot. Meg's has supposedly made their pads more durable.

Jomax
10-29-2012, 09:43 PM
I'll be using the megs. Thanks Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

WRAPT C5Z06
10-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I'll be using the megs. Thanks Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online
No prob. Make sure you get the newest Meg's pads. They're stamped with "DMC" and the corresponding pad size on the back.

tuscarora dave
10-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi Dave, I clean MF pads with compressed air on the fly. Yes, I meant to comment on the longer fibers of the Meg's pads, but forgot. Meg's has supposedly made their pads more durable.
Hi Mark,

I've learned a lot in regards to getting them to last longer as a result of working though the first dozen. I'll likely be going back to the Meg's once I get through the 8 LC that I just bought. Kevin Brown told me that they definitely beefed them up with some sort of barrier added somewhere in the disk that wasn't in the first run of them.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi Mark,

I've learned a lot in regards to getting them to last longer as a result of working though the first dozen. I'll likely be going back to the Meg's once I get through the 8 LC that I just bought. Kevin Brown told me that they definitely beefed them up with some sort of barrier added somewhere in the disk that wasn't in the first run of them.
Awesome!

Thanks.

tuscarora dave
10-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Awesome!

Thanks.
You're Welcome Buddy!!

vegas911gts
10-30-2012, 12:09 AM
I've heard some like the optimum mf pads best. How do you guys compare the megs vs opt mf pads.

VISITOR
10-30-2012, 01:58 AM
No prob. Make sure you get the newest Meg's pads. They're stamped with "DMC" and the corresponding pad size on the back.

mark, i appreciate your input on the lc mf pads, i was looking for them in the samples/trades thread but after hearing this i may not even bother wanting to try them anymore. i was looking for the thread that showed how to tell the new megs mf pads from the old and you answered it. thanks...

Dr Oldz
10-30-2012, 02:34 AM
Awesome Mark. Send them to me for some evaluation! :D