PDA

View Full Version : LSP application between full details -- a few lessons learned

spewking
10-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks to all here for your comments and sharing. As an OCD newbie, I began 6 months ago wanting to take care of my 2007 Infiniti G35 (medium blue) after some neglect. A full detail then was done, using Menzerna polishes and topped with 2 coats of 4*UPP. Thanks Corey for the suggestion. I saw a nice pop and was pleased.

Follow through and understanding how/what to maintain this wonderful shine and protection has not been my forte in past, so again, your comments were helpful. This weekend, a reapplication of 4*UPP was done and it looks better than the it did at full detail time!! Process was: CG Citrus Wash, Carpro Eraser, 4* Pre Wax Cleaner, then 4*UPP.

Perhaps the Eraser and Pre Wax Cleaner were redundant, but I wanted to get the surface clean. Thoughts?

The biggest lesson I believe is that the Cleaner did an amazing job of prepping the paint, resulting in more "pop" and depth than previously when not using it. Also the car just looks that much better than it did following full detail...leading me to wonder could the reapplication have more magic in it than I realized? Maybe I'm crazy....point is...to all of you who do not ever get around to the re-application of your favorite LSP....do it!!!

I also took the time to get all of the polish (from the full detail) out of the crevices and seams following the wash...since there is no fear of removing sealant, its a great time to do it!!

David

:dblthumb2: