PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Power Lock Residue

DP 08 GXP
10-29-2012, 01:53 PM
I've noticed on the last few details that I've done that PL is leaving a residue behind after I remove it. After I polish I do a heavy IPA wipe down which leaves the surface clean. I am having a hell of a time getting it removed with my waterless wash. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Rsurfer
10-29-2012, 02:01 PM
I've noticed on the last few details that I've done that PL is leaving a residue behind after I remove it. After I polish I do a heavy IPA wipe down which leaves the surface clean. I am having a hell of a time getting it removed with my waterless wash. Anyone else have this happen to them?

You are using too much product..try putting it on as thin as possible. Use several clean mf towels to remove.

DP 08 GXP
10-29-2012, 02:05 PM
You are using too much product..try putting it on as thin as possible. Use several clean mf towels to remove.

Ok I'll try that on the next vehicle I do and a few days

Setec Astronomy
10-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, think about it this way, when you've buffed the sealant off, you will leave an unmeasurably thin layer on the surface...so what is the point of putting more than that on? As Rsurfer says, "as thin as possible", so if you can barely see it that's the right amount...work it in until it lays out thin.