PDA

View Full Version : Re Frankenstorm Sandy

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

pointillistic_practitioner
10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
My thoughts go out to anyone on the east coast of the US who is soon to be hit by Hurricane Sandy aka "Frankenstorm". Hoping everyone stays safe throughout the storm.

Setec Astronomy
10-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Eh, it's ok, I have an inflatable raft for my detailing supplies. I wonder what the wife is going to say when she finds out I don't have one for her.

I'm hoping to erect a sail out of microfiber towels and if the wind is right, make it all the way to SEMA by Tuesday.

10-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Eh, it's ok, I have an inflatable raft for my detailing supplies. I wonder what the wife is going to say when she finds out I don't have one for her.

I'm hoping to erect a sail out of microfiber towels and if the wind is right, make it all the way to SEMA by Tuesday.

LOL :laughing::laughing:

BobbyG
10-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Be smart and be safe everyone....:props:

From detailing to power station.....

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing%20Supplies%202012/2012Collection_25.jpg

Bill1234
10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Thinking about the song bad moon rising by ccr right now lol

BobbyG
10-28-2012, 05:59 PM

I remember it well Bill!! :props:

ozziepuppy
10-28-2012, 06:09 PM
My daughter lives in New Jersey, so I am worried about her. Hope this storm is not as bad as predicted!

KenR
10-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Greetings from Long Island. Thank goodness I do not live by the shore. Have stocked up on water, flashlights, candles, cigars and wine. Sinatra station playing on Serius XM. Detailing products safe and sound in the garage. Just too a look at the car and the finish is stilll beading nicely.

Wife and daughter are both nurses and are stuck at their hospitals, but they should be safe.

Got a feeling that I will be making a generator purchase in future.

Bill1234
10-29-2012, 09:11 AM
I live about 1 hr north of nyc. My town is at sea level and we are supposed to get a storm surge of 11 feet. Plus we have alot of leaves on the ground which will clog the drainage

Meghan
10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Good luck to everyone we got such a small amount of rain and wind down here it did not count as a real storm. Hopefully everyone else will be lucky and it will come in and get out in a hurry. It's when they decide to slow down and hang over you for too long, that's when it's nasty!

Becciasm
10-29-2012, 12:07 PM
It is technically past my area, but according to the storm tracker it's starting to bank left now.. we are still seeing lots of rain and wind as it passes. Major flooding of some areas of coastal Northern NC, and we've had a few areas submerge already in the low-lying areas of Norfolk and Portsmouth... more to come as all this rain accumulates...

Stay safe everyone.

KenR
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Power went out for about an hour a while ago, but has been restored. Did not see a utility truck. Must have been done remotely or things just reset.

BuckeyeR/T
10-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Most of my family lives on the shore in South Jersey. I am not liking the pictures right now. 8PM tonight is high tide.

10-29-2012, 01:36 PM

haha good song and quite appropriate ;)

Power went out for about an hour a while ago, but has been restored. Did not see a utility truck. Must have been done remotely or things just reset.

Re the other comment, yeah we're about 3 mi away from the water, + high elevation so that's good at least..possibly. Our pwr went out for a few seconds earlier today but then was restored and is still up and running *fingers crossed* It's just very windy out...not scarily windy yet but all the trees are definitely swaying...

Bill1234
10-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Ughh Oh, we are supposed to get an 11ft increase in water combined with the high tide. Not alot of people lost power, but I bet flooding and other problems will occur in my area soon