PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a new bottle of 845?

AirVenture
10-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I hadn't used my Collinite 845 in awhile, so it had separated. I went to pick it up and it dropped, spilling a good amount (2 tablespoons?) of the liquid that had raised to the top. Is it salvageable or should I just buy a new bottle?

Bigbull2984
10-28-2012, 10:58 AM
I hadn't used my Collinite 845 in awhile, so it had separated. I went to pick it up and it dropped, spilling a good amount (2 tablespoons?) of the liquid that had raised to the top. Is it salvageable or should I just buy a new bottle?

Me personally, I would trash it because the chemical composition of the wax is going to be off. I am sure it probably would work, but don't know if it will effect durability or ease of removal.

FUNX650
10-28-2012, 11:09 AM

If you've got the storage room:
I'd not discard this #845...use it on/for non-vehicle items, for example.

At $16(ea.): Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax #845, liquid wax, heat-resistant wax, car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html)

And: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials/56876-sunday-anything-goes-sale-10-off-no-restrictions.html

Might be a good time to stock-up on several detailing-needs.

:)

Bob

tuscarora dave
10-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I'd imagine that the liquid stuff that leaked out is the solvent that allows the product to be shook up and go to the thin consistency that it normally goes to. Could be what makes for it's durability too. I'd toss it.

Setec Astronomy
10-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Ha ha, maybe it's my Scotch upbringing, but I'd just use the stuff. Dave is likely right that you've lost some solvent...so it may be a bit thicker, but it will be that much closer to its "parent" 476S.

AirVenture
10-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah, good call. No crying over spilled 845 :) At least didn't accidentally loose 2 tbsp of my Wolfgang Fuzion. Maybe I can wax my lawn mower with it. I'll probably put in a big order around Christmas time when the sales really blow up!

FUNX650
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM
I'll probably put in a big order around Christmas time when the sales really blow up!

Not a bad idea :xyxthumbs:...
Believe I'll do the same.

:)

Bob

mwoolfso
10-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't think 2 tablespoons is a big deal if the bottle was more than 50% full. If you are concerned then consider getting another bottle and mix them, or..... just call Collinite and ask for the impact of losing that much quantity of liquid.