PDA

View Full Version : Review:Chemical Guys- MR. Pink

Pages : [1] 2

david11g35
10-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Introduction: This is chemical guys newest soap Mr. Pink it was release about a week ago I went down to CG warehouse and picked up a bottle had to put a special request since they are only selling online at the time.

Product Claims:
Superior surface cleanser.
Advanced foaming technology.
Perfect for weekly maintenance washing.
Extra slick for a scratch-free washing experience.
Safe for wax and sealant.
Perfect for 2-bucket wash or foam cannon.
pH neutral for gentle wash.
Premium super polymers suspend dirt.
Rinses clean with no residue.6.
Removes grime, build-up, and dirt.
Works on any color paintwork.

Details:
1.- Packaging: Plastic Bottle with nice black and pink labeling
2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
3.- Viscosity: Very thick
4.- Color: Neon Pink
5.- Scent: Bubble gum/Strawberry (smells delicious)
6.-Price: 16.9 oz. (500ml) =$ 6.95
7. Manufacture: Chemical Guys

I really wanted to compare it to Maxi suds via foam cannon. I had previously been using maxi suds to pre rinse the car before two bucket wash method.

Amount of product used 2oz
Filled cannon with warm water
Pressure washer is a Karcher 1800psi

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/david11z28/DSC00865.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/david11z28/DSC00868.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/david11z28/DSC00871.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/david11z28/DSC00872.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k294/david11z28/DSC00873.jpg

Conclusion- I was impressed the product. I did notice slightly more foam with mr. pink than maxi suds I did not notice any difference in thickness of the foam. I know it also depends on the PSI of the pressure washer and the dilution you want to use I like using 2oz.

Things that really impress me where

Slickness this soap is very slick
Breaks down dirt and cleans great
Rinses off extremely easy

Overall- Great product will be replacing maxi suds for me

ArkayoDeetayo
10-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice review David,

thanks for putting in the time to write this post, appreciate it.

I would buy it when it comes out in gallons, I assume itll be ~$25-30 but hoping it would be $16.95 like maxi suds gallon. The 16oz mr pink and 16oz maxi suds are both $6.95

Bunky
10-28-2012, 05:25 AM
I know it also depends on the PSI of the pressure washer and the dilution you want to use I like using 2oz.

Thanks for the review.

What is the final ratio in your foam bottle 10 or 15:1 and how much do you use say in 30 seconds (half the bottle)?

Shortspark
10-28-2012, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the good review and pics. I use CG Citrus Clear. Use more for stripping, use as directed for safe daily wash. I don't have a cannon so I can't comment on its ability in a foam gun. The Mr. Pink sounds interesting due to the slickness you noted because Clear, although it does a good job cleaning, does not seem very slick to me.

BuckeyeR/T
10-28-2012, 08:45 AM
I use Citrus Wash & Gloss now for my two bucket washes. I think it is a bit strong (wax does not last as long). Do you think Mr. Pink would be a better choice?

david11g35
10-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Nice review David,

thanks for putting in the time to write this post, appreciate it.

I would buy it when it comes out in gallons, I assume itll be ~$25-30 but hoping it would be $16.95 like maxi suds gallon. The 16oz mr pink and 16oz maxi suds are both $6.95

Your welcome. I don't think it would be anymore than $20 for a gallon.

Thanks for the review.

What is the final ratio in your foam bottle 10 or 15:1 and how much do you use say in 30 seconds (half the bottle)?

The ratio I used would be 15:1. I think half the bottle is pretty accurate. Half the bottle is enough to cover a a mid size car.

Thanks for the good review and pics. I use CG Citrus Clear. Use more for stripping, use as directed for safe daily wash. I don't have a cannon so I can't comment on its ability in a foam gun. The Mr. Pink sounds interesting due to the slickness you noted because Clear, although it does a good job cleaning, does not seem very slick to me.

I have no tried CG Citrus clear, but to my observation mr. Pink was slick

I use Citrus Wash & Gloss now for my two bucket washes. I think it is a bit strong (wax does not last as long). Do you think Mr. Pink would be a better choice?

I also use CWG for my two bucket wash. I have not seen a difference in my lsp. How much are you using? I use 3/4oz in 4 gallons of water. I will give Mr Pink a try in a two bucket wash method next weekend.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

ARizzle
10-28-2012, 09:32 AM
The more PSI, the easier to make foam??

us6krums
10-28-2012, 09:42 AM
That's part of it. The ratio of cleaner to water is the other part. Hardness of water would be another. The MTM Hydro has the ability to adjust do you get the thickness you want

ihaveacamaro
10-28-2012, 10:44 AM
The more PSI, the easier to make foam??

I think so.

That's part of it. The ratio of cleaner to water is the other part. Hardness of water would be another. The MTM Hydro has the ability to adjust do you get the thickness you want

I think the PSI and GPM (gallons per minute) are just as important as the soap itself.

The foam I get using maxisuds and Citrus wash n gloss are just not where I want it to be. My foam is great, but not amazing like I've seen in a few reviews and youtube videos.

I have the MTM hydro but my pressure washer is only 1500 psi and 1.2 gpm.

The Moose
10-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I have some mr pink in the garage right now. I wanted to try it out this weekend but with the "hurricane" coming I'll probably skip it till next weekend.

As far as the factors in foam... PSI, Water Flow, Dilution Ratio, and setting on the cannon are all pretty equal factors.

I'm running an 1800 PSI on a MTM and was wondering why i wasnt getting much foam out of my Meguiars Hyper Wash with the airator turned almost all the way to the left (which i thought was open...) I started playing with it and turns out turning it almost all the way to the right actually yielded the thickest foam for me, very strange.

david11g35
10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
I think so.

I think the PSI and GPM (gallons per minute) are just as important as the soap itself.

The foam I get using maxisuds and Citrus wash n gloss are just not where I want it to be. My foam is great, but not amazing like I've seen in a few reviews and youtube videos.

I have the MTM hydro but my pressure washer is only 1500 psi and 1.2 gpm.

Very true most of the videos I have seen that have produce thick shaving cream time foam have used a gas pressure washer. My pressure washer is a electric Karcher 1800psi & 1.4GPM

vman
10-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I use a 2400 psi 2.1 gpm gas pressure washer and I can never get thick shaving cream foam with less than 2 oz of the soaps that I have tried. I always add around 4 to 5 ounces of product to get foam that can actually dwell on the paint for a couple minutes and not slide right off.

I also found that I get more foam and waste less product if I put the soap in the lance undiluted and turn the flow knob down. Since the soap is so thick and viscous its hard for the water to baffle it as much and being that it is still in its concentrated form, the foam comes out nice and thick.

david11g35
10-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I use a 2400 psi 2.1 gpm gas pressure washer and I can never get thick shaving cream foam with less than 2 oz of the soaps that I have tried. I always add around 4 to 5 ounces of product to get foam that can actually dwell on the paint for a couple minutes and not slide right off.

I also found that I get more foam and waste less product if I put the soap in the lance undiluted and turn the flow knob down. Since the soap is so thick and viscous its hard for the water to baffle it as much and being that it is still in its concentrated form, the foam comes out nice and thick.

I will use 3oz of product nextime. I personally think that is too much product to use thats why i always use 2oz

Meghan
10-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Chemical Guys Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo Superior Surface Cleanser (http://www.autogeek.net/mr-pink.html)

Pats300zx
10-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Chemical Guys Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo Superior Surface Cleanser (http://www.autogeek.net/mr-pink.html)

Woooo hoooo