PDA

View Full Version : white paint in my tire treads :O . . .

pointillistic_practitioner
10-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey there AG world...been a little while since I've been online...was busy with a white '98 rav4 for awhile which was completely oxidized and there was textured plastic everywhere that was a mess...turned out great in the end...used ssr2 I believe then opti-seal (for the first time, which was insanely easy)...and 50/50 alcohol/water then t1 tire and trim for all the plastic. I just hope the t1 lasts... Wish I could get pics up but I'm still so challenged when it comes to uploading pics....my iphoto freezes literally every time I use it...anyway, I was out driving today, and apparently, I drove through white paint (I didn't notice any wet paint signs and am a very observant driver....but alas, there was splatter everywhere.) So I used simple green to get the splatter off of my lower panels and wheel wells, (I did it right after I saw the paint, which was probably 5 or so hours after it happenned) but theres some paint on my tires that doesnt seem to want to come off. Any suggestions?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Did you try the simple green directly on the tread and agitate with a stiff nylon brush?

SON1C
10-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Could always paint the paint
Any thinners?

10-27-2012, 07:11 PM
yeah I did try and do that but the angle is tough...I have a toothbrush but the bristles are too soft. I actually used a wire brush for the surface of the tires and some of the black plastic...I was very reluctant to do so but I was very careful and it didn't scratch. Anyway, the wire brush is too wide to fit into the treads, which is the main problem area (oops though I mentioned that earlier). I might try my steam cleaner next, or maybe just spray on more simple green and let agitate. If not maybe I will have to buy some paint thinner. Do you think that would be bad for the rubber?

10-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Could always paint the paint
Any thinners?

and lol at painting the paint..just get some black nail polish or something...hey, the brush would be small enough... ;)

Flash Gordon
10-27-2012, 07:22 PM
You're not going to remove road paint from tire rubber without spending a ridicolous amount of time doing so
If it's on the thread it will wear off eventually, otherwise get new tires or learn to live with it

Marc Hufnagel
10-28-2012, 09:21 AM
black spray paint.

BobbyG
10-28-2012, 09:29 AM
A 100 foot burnout should correct the problem.....:props:

Vegas Transplant
10-28-2012, 09:29 AM
....my iphoto freezes literally every time I use it... Any suggestions?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2411330?start=0&tstart=0

vet
10-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Bobby G beat me to the comment!

That '57 Merc in your avitar, is it yours? My brother had a Turnpike Cruiser that year. What a sled! He ended up selling it the the Sherriff, who told my brother it was the only car in the county he couldn't catch.

10-28-2012, 03:38 PM
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2411330?start=0&tstart=0

Thank you! It, however, is not on a phone, it's the program on my cpu that's having the problem. I may update it eventually. Or maybe I'll have to update my ram. But $200 spent of ram is 200 less for AG . . . xD lol.

A 100 foot burnout should correct the problem.....:props:

hahahaha xD I'll get on that. *googles how to successfully burnout in a fwd stock '97 accord* ;)