PDA

View Full Version : What are these small shiny dots?

Pages : [1] 2

Dewy
10-27-2012, 12:24 PM
A week ago I finished detailing new black truck. Clayed, polished, 2 coats zaino, 2 coats of souveran. It looked great. Drove it to work all week and got some normal dust. I used BFWW and pinnacle crystal mist. When I look at it with a light there are shiny small dots all over it. Tried to feel them through Baggie but I can't. What are they and what should I do. I wanted to give a quick coat of souveran but don't want to cover these. Any thoughts. Thanks guys.

BobbyG
10-27-2012, 12:42 PM
The shinny reflective dots you're referring to are more than likely the flake in the paint. Since you can't feel them then this means they're in the paint and not on it....:props:

tuscarora dave
10-27-2012, 12:42 PM
How will you get any answers to your question without uploading a few photos? You'll get all sorts of speculation but nothing more than that.

ArkayoDeetayo
10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
lol what a funny post...either trolling or clueless ;P

Vegas Transplant
10-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Happened to me once rock, but I knew what it was. Black Dodge pick up that even the owner did not know it was flaked.
Real talk. Go figure.

Setec Astronomy
10-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Happened to me once rock, but I knew what it was. Black Dodge pick up that even the owner did not know it was flaked.
Real talk. Go figure.

Funny, wasn't there some car here that someone did, that he thought was blue and after he polished it, it turned out to be black, or vice-versa? It was so swirled and oxidized it looked all milky until it was polished.

Dewy
10-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I reread my post and I have to agree that it sounded pretty ridiculous. Let me clarify. It's not flakes. The spots are very random but are on every panel. Some came out using crystal mist but not many. I tried to take a picture for the post but couldn't get them to show. They only show under the swirl finder. I just thought someone may have run into this before.

rwright
10-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Funny, wasn't there some car here that someone did, that he thought was blue and after he polished it, it turned out to be black, or vice-versa? It was so swirled and oxidized it looked all milky until it was polished.

Not going to lie, this has happened to me a couple times.

I reread my post and I have to agree that it sounded pretty ridiculous. Let me clarify. It's not flakes. The spots are very random but are on every panel. Some came out using crystal mist but not many. I tried to take a picture for the post but couldn't get them to show. They only show under the swirl finder. I just thought someone may have run into this before.

Sounds like possible polish splatter that may have been covered up with one of your LSP's.

c5errr
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
dude your flakes just popped !
congrats

Dewy
10-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm still laughing over how I worded this post and your responses. I deserve every one of them. But seriously, it's not splatter from polish. I didn't use a polisher and they were not there when I finished the first detail. Only after a week and a waterless wash. I'll try again to get some pics.

tuscarora dave
10-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Have you picked up any hot chicks wearing glitter makeup? Sometimes this happens when you have a really nice super shiny car. :dblthumb2:

jwellsii
10-27-2012, 06:27 PM
:Picture:

Bates Detailing
10-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Did you use an aresal tire shine?!?! Sometimes if the wind is blowing and we shine the tires overspray will get on the vehicle and leave similar to what you are describing - sometimes can be a pain to buff out.

Vegas Transplant
10-27-2012, 09:01 PM
congrats

Have you picked up any hot chicks wearing glitter makeup? Sometimes this happens when you have a really nice super shiny car. :dblthumb2:

ROFL!

Did you use an aresal tire shine?!?! Sometimes if the wind is blowing and we shine the tires overspray will get on the vehicle and leave similar to what you are describing - sometimes can be a pain to buff out.

Brilliant!

DaveT435
10-27-2012, 09:03 PM
congrats

LMFAO!!! So wrong!!