PDA

View Full Version : first autogeek purchase for a newbie with silver car

manny2385
10-26-2012, 05:15 PM
ok guys i am about to bite the bullet and make my first purchase on here. iv done a lot of reading and based my purchase on what i think would be simple but wont break the bank too much. any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated!

klasse kit (all in one & polisher) for hand application

gtechniq g1 clear vision smart glass ( i want a long lasting windshield protectant to bead very well and not smear when i use my wipers...its rains alot in miami!)

CG GLASSWORKS CLEANER with pomegranate scent ( i dont know why i picked this one lol)

Gtechniq t1 tire and trim (claims it lasts longer...for the price i think it should! but is it worth it?)

meguiars supreme shine microfiber towels 3 pk

CG GLOSSWORKS HI-FOAM GLOSS BOOSTER WASH

GRIOTS INTERIOR CLEANER

BLACKFIRE INTERIOR PROTECTANT (IM NOT A FAN OF THE MATTE LOOK ON THE DASHBOARD I LIKE SOME SHEEN TO IT BUT NOT TOO MUCH LIKE ARMOR ALL) IM OPEN TO OTHER RECOMENDATION FOR MY ALL BLACK INTERIOR

GLIPTONE LEATHER CLEANER AND CONDITIONER ( NOT SOLD ON HERE BUT I CHOSE MOSTLY FOR THE LONG LASTING LEATHER SMELL IT CLAIMS)

I HOPE I GET PLENTY OF SUGGESTIONS AND HOPEFULLY THEY SAVE ME SOME MONEY! Feed back please Im the MAN

vegas911gts
10-26-2012, 05:21 PM
You need more then 3 mf towels. Get at least a dozen. If you're doing your whole car you will need towels to dry and wipe off a lot of other stuff.

manny2385
10-26-2012, 05:24 PM
yea i already have some at home i just got those for sake of trying out towels that should be better quality then the generic wally world stuff

vegas911gts
10-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Make sure you have a lot of quality mf towels. I bought some really cheap crappy ones from costco that I use on my wheels to get clean off the brake dust then throw them away. It's so thin and crappy its not worth washing.

You need cg v7. That stuff is so awesome.

ScottB
10-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Optimum Spray Wax and a Daytona Wheel Brush ... absolute must haves from the start.

Johny B
10-26-2012, 07:04 PM
You need cg v7. That stuff is so awesome.
+100
Johny

manny2385
10-26-2012, 07:50 PM
there are soo many car finishes to choose from its mind boggling. basically my goal is to shampoo the car...and add something to really bring out the deep shine without having to use machines and possibly screw up my new paint. maybe i shouldv mentioned that my paint is less than a year old and was properly wet sanded and buffed after it was painted... its a silver with a blue pearl