PDA

View Full Version : Opti Clean Uses - Questions

BTLew81
10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
I am thinking of picking up some Opti Clean since it is on BOGO. I like the idea of one product that can do several things.

I am thinking 3 or 4 to one based on reading. My goal is to use this for bird bombs, bugs during road trips, etc. I also read you can use like an ounce of alcohol in the mix and use this strictly for interior cleaning. True? Experiences?

Thinking of coating the car in the spring and using mostly OPT products from there on out, so I figured this would be a good first step!

Any input is appreciated!

Vegas Transplant
10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
I also read you can use like an ounce of alcohol in the mix and use this strictly for interior cleaning. True? Experiences?

I believe that it is true that you may have read this somewhere.

But the product is designed for all of the above issues as is, and without the use of alcohol.

I personally see no need for alcohol mixed OPC.

I have however, used a 3% solution IPA mixed into a 32oz sprayer of ONR@ RW dilution for windows, but have since went back to Stoner's.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/two_cents.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/50572)

krisgel100
10-27-2012, 06:09 AM
In addition to using Opticlean on paint, it works very well as a light cleaner for all non-fabric interior surfaces.

It is nice on interiors because it does not streak or look blotchy. It buffs away very easily and leaves a nice looking and feeling finish.

I keep a little spray bottle of Opticlean and a soft microfiber in my glove compartment at all times. It comes in handy to clean interior or exterior issues when on the go.

I also use it around the house to clean delicate items such as stereo equipment and any surface that can easily be swirled.

BobbyG
10-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Opti-Clean is a great all purpose cleaner.

As a rule I reduce 3:1, 3 parts water to 1 part cleaner. This solution works well on everything from tires to door jambs to carpets. For interior use I would reduce this to something like 10:1 and feel it will be very effective for average cleaning...

Optimum is again one of those brands that can do it all...... :props:

BillyJack
10-27-2012, 06:42 AM
I also read you can use like an ounce of alcohol in the mix and use this strictly for interior cleaning. True? Experiences?

That formula came from Chris@Optimum, who knows Opt's products as well as anyone short of Dr. G. It's 1 oz. of IPA per quart of 1:4 diluted OOC. The IPA, per Chris, adds a bit of cleaning power and also helps on clear plastics such as radio and Nav screens or glass.
I've tried the mix and it works a bit better, but I normally just use a non-IPA mix for both interior and exterior. It's not capable of serious cleaning, but purely a maintenance product, used for about the same conditions as an exterior waterless wash. It's versatility as both an exterior and interior product earned it a spot in the maintenance kit I carry in my Camino.

Bill

Setec Astronomy
10-27-2012, 06:53 AM
I personally see no need for alcohol mixed OPC.

Opti-Clean is a great all purpose cleaner.

As a rule I reduce 3:1, 3 parts water to 1 part cleaner. This solution works well on everything from tires to door jambs to carpets. For interior use I would reduce this to something like 10:1 and feel it will be very effective for average cleaning...

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! I too have a little issue with some of the naming convention that OPT uses, but the OP is talking about OPTI-CLEAN waterless wash, that is currently on BOGO, NOT Optimum Power Clean (OPC), which is their APC.

swanicyouth
10-27-2012, 07:25 AM
I've never used OptiClean on interiors, but I think everyone needs one waterless wash on hand. If you don't have a WW, you won't believe how frequently you will use one once you have it. OptiClean is a great WW - however, the smell reminds me of a janitors closet.

Vegas Transplant
10-27-2012, 07:41 AM
:urtheman::thankyousign:

:bowdown:You are correct Setec.:bowdown:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I was referring to the correct product, but typed OPC intead of OOC. I use both products.

Good catch :props:...I wonder how many times I've been guilty of this infraction?:dunno:

On a side note: As you stated, it's easy to get the product names confused, but since they're differently colored in the bottle, not easily mistaken in hand.

Divine Details
10-27-2012, 07:52 AM
OOC works great on exteriors as a Qd or WW. It also works well on cleaning up interiors that are pretty dusty. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell.