PDA

View Full Version : Difference between CG Citrus Wash & Gloss and Citrus Wash Clear?

kemefk
10-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Like the title says, what is the difference between Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss and Citrus Wash CLEAR? They look like they are almost the same product but on their website, the information is basically useless. Are there times when one product is used over the other?

Speed-Dude
10-26-2012, 03:10 PM
I'd like to know this too. Especially why citrus wash and clear is more expensive?

habeba86
10-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Their products can get confusing!! Clear is more lsp safe it seems and then wash and gloss has the "gloss" enhancers in it.

vegas911gts
10-26-2012, 05:13 PM
CG just has too many similar products. I've heard of more people using the citrus wash with gloss but never the citrus clear.

ssnobrakes
10-26-2012, 05:25 PM
The Citrus wash and gloss is alot different than the Citrus wash clear..........The wash and gloss is extremely thick and concentrated. Kind of like a pint of Guiness while the Citrus clear is weaker, thinner and less concentrated like a Coors Light. The wash and gloss is great to use if you are going to seal/wax afterward because its a heavy duty cleaner. The Citrus clear is milder and weaker. Good to use if you have recently sealed/waxed. Then just use a topper like V7, or XMT360 spray wax. Both are great products. :dblthumb2:

cmichael258
10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
The Citrus wash and gloss is alot different than the Citrus wash clear..........The wash and gloss is extremely thick and concentrated. Kind of like a pint of Guiness while the Citrus clear is weaker, thinner and less concentrated like a Coors Light. The wash and gloss is great to use if you are going to seal/wax afterward because its a heavy duty cleaner. The Citrus clear is milder and weaker. Good to use if you have recently sealed/waxed. Then just use a topper like V7, or XMT360 spray wax. Both are great products. :dblthumb2:

Thanks ssnobrakes!

Great explanation but made me thirsty for a cold one. :cheers:

kemefk
10-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Makes it easier to buy the right product if you have the right information.

Chris's FX4
10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
You can dilute Citrus Wash & Gloss to use for every day washing , or it can be used for stripping the paint.

Stripping: 1oz/1gal

Normal Wash: 1oz/3-4gal

SON1C
10-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Actually..
You use 1 cap for 4-5 gallons for a maintenance wash
if you want to strip your old lsp you use 1 oz per gallon roughly 4 caps

gloss has gloss polymers -> is supposed to add a glossy finish similar to just waxed

clear has nothing, just an awesome soap that is supposed to leave a bare surface, I always used it for pre wax details, if its already waxed I'll typically use wash+gloss

They're both incredible soaps, try both, you'll thank me later :xyxthumbs:

Chris's FX4
10-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes, you can either do 1cap/4-5gal but you can also do 1oz/3-4gal. The 1oz/3-4gal is from Nick.

I've noticed no ill effects on LSP from using either one.