PDA

View Full Version : Radio for when doing details

Bill1234
10-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I sometimes am doing details for friends and I remeber that a radio would be perfect. Anybody know of a good radio at about 100 dollars max that I could use

dad07
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
dewalt makes a decent one........Bosch has one the includes a cd player......and both of them will charge batteries for your cordless tools.

they are avaiable at lowes,Home Depot, etc.

Ray@Autogeek
10-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I just use my 32gb Zune + Sennheiser CX 300-II's. Doesn't bother the neighbors when I'm starting early in the morning. I like to run the headphone wire through the inside of my shirt to keep it out of the way.

Old Tiger
10-25-2012, 04:02 PM
I have a Sirius BoomBox but that is more $$ than you want to spend. I am a Sirius Junkie!

Bill1234
10-25-2012, 04:04 PM
lol I got sirius radio in my ford edge, love the 50s on 5 to 70s on 7 channel and the elvis presely channel

Twister
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
I have a Sirius BoomBox but that is more $$ than you want to spend. I am a Sirius Junkie!

Since I got my truck a couple of years ago I haven't listened to regular radio. I really like Sirius

tdrake2406
10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I would just buy a cheap boombox from fry's or best buy. A good option would be one with an auxiliary port that way you could plug in your phone/ipod to listen to whatever you wanted.

rasch_C
10-25-2012, 05:08 PM
I was in the same boat about 9 months ago. I was thinking in terms of wireless earbuds for my phone at the time, but didn't like the insecurity of them. They had too much of a chance to fall off, and onto someone's car.

Fast forward a couple months and I had the strong need to have bluetooth for my phone -I hate getting interupted in the middle of a job! I picked up a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headset and love it. Not only does it solve the hands-free need for the phone, but it also streams my music. Not in stereo, but good enough for keeping me sane and happy. Very comfortable and secure, too!

Just another option to consider.

Johny B
10-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Since I got my truck a couple of years ago I haven't listened to regular radio. I really like Sirius

I'm tuned on the Elvis Presley channel on Sirius.
Johny

Vegas Transplant
10-25-2012, 08:17 PM
BoomBox set to DC101, or Gospel cd. My driveway.

Occasionally, the 959 set on sesame street or the double harley. My driveway.

Nothing while on location.

The Moose
10-26-2012, 10:14 AM
I got myself an Ihome for around $100. I do everything at my house and also have an iphone and ipods. So i can get whatever i want whenever i want to listen to. The sound is powerful enough that its in the back of the garage and i can clearly hear it at the end of my driveway. neighbors have never complained.

If you needsomething cordless, the dewalt and ryobi units seem cool. Id just tune them to local sports radio and be set.

mullet
10-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Phone/MP3 player of some sort + headphones/earbuds = not potentially bothering anyone else around. I too run the cable up the front of my shirt so it's not just dangling in the way.

It looks like you already have Sirius so make sure you have online listening included and get whatever app is available for your phone (as long as you have a smart phone)

My personal use is iPhone with MusicDock (gets more channels than the official Sirius app) or Pandora and some nice earbuds.