PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Interior Guard Plus question...

amj4533sac
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM
I've recently been using Ultima Interior Guard Plus and could not be happier with the results.

Only one question though...

What do I do for upkeep?!

I am a big fan of Megs Quik Interior Detailer but know it has a VERY mild cleaner in it as well. How does/will this effect UIGP or for that matter, any of the other interior sealants coming onto the market?

Other than spraying some deionized water, I can't think of anything else that has zero chemical cleaning ability.

Maybe I'm just overreacting though and UIGP is more durable than I think...

Ryry11
10-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I've recently been using Ultima Interior Guard Plus and could not be happier with the results.

Only one question though...

What do I do for upkeep?!

I am a big fan of Megs Quik Interior Detailer but know it has a VERY mild cleaner in it as well. How does/will this effect UIGP or for that matter, any of the other interior sealants coming onto the market?

Other than spraying some deionized water, I can't think of anything else that has zero chemical cleaning ability.

Maybe I'm just overreacting though and UIGP is more durable than I think...

It says that all you need to do for a clean is a rag damp with water

amj4533sac
10-25-2012, 03:12 PM
It says that all you need to do for a clean is a rag damp with water

Not a huge fan of rubbing water all over the interior hah

I wonder if mixing in a little UWW+ would help out at all?

TornadoRed
10-25-2012, 03:15 PM
I use one spray of water or rinseless wash on a mf for the whole dash and repeat for each door.

Ryry11
10-25-2012, 03:17 PM

I wonder if mixing in a little UWW+ would help out at all?

All ya need is a damp microfiber, not lots of water

BobbyG
10-25-2012, 03:19 PM

I agree, wiping down an interior with a dripping wet cloth isn't desirable at all..

I think what Ryan is saying is once the Interior Guard has had a chance to cure/dry all that's required is a damp cloth then go over all the surfaces to wipe away any dust and like contamination. :props:

amj4533sac
10-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I use one spray of water or rinseless wash on a mf for the whole dash and repeat for each door.

Sounds like I'll try a spray or two of UWW+ on a microfiber for a wipe down and see how things go.

Thanks!

amj4533sac
10-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I agree, wiping down an interior with a dripping wet cloth isn't desirable at all..

I think what Ryan is saying is once the Interior Guard has had a chance to cure/dry all that's required is a damp cloth then go over all the surfaces to wipe away any dust and like contamination. :props:

Sometimes I forget that sarcasm isn't relayed the same in text form haha

For some reason I have a problem with a 'water wipe-down' on the interior...not sure why though! adding in some UWW+ might make me feel better about it so I'll give that a shot

Thanks for the quick responses everyone!

Y2KSVT
10-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Most of your interior products are water based, so they're probably 98% water with chemicals and polymers mixed in. If additional cleaners makes you feel better about it, by all means! You may see reduced longevity if straying from the manufacturers' recommendations, if I had to guess.

Ryry11
10-25-2012, 03:42 PM

Yes, ty Bobby lol

Old Tiger
10-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Get Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel for when water wont do the job! UWW+ works too.